how come the dishnetwork website, don't show the VOOM HD channels yet ?

It says on the Dish website that "Dish Network HD Pak plus the Voom Originals Pak together for the low price of $5.00 per month for 6 months."

Is the price of the Voom originals going to change in 6 months?

If you add the HD Pak you get them free for six months. Voom is $5 extra. After 6 months are up you get charged $10 for the HD Pak AND $5 for the Voom pak (assuming they haven't added the other 11 and raised the price another $5 by then)

Yeah, wowzers di you guys see that.

hdProgHm_Voom.gif

It says the voom channels are $5 per month for 6 months That means in about 5 months they are telling you they plan on increasing the price

I understand it that you get the HD Pak for 6 months for free then you have to pay. When you add the Voom pak for $5 that means that the price goes up to $14.95 when the 6 months free expires. What's so jawdropping about that? They mention the 15 channels you get so they are including the HD Pak channels in the mix.

In 6 months I see them adding the other 11 channels and raising the price to $10 for all 21 Voom channels and then $10 for the HD Pak channels which hopefully will include Universal by then. Still an amazing deal given the bandwidth these channels soak up.... $20 for 26 HD channels.... A year ago we all would have given our left wingnuts for that deal..... And now some are complaining?

DishWebsite said:
Please Note:
*For new, first-time residential customers only. Must subscribe to minimum of America’s Top 60 or DISH Latino to receive monthly programming credit. Customer must call to cancel HD at the end of 6 months or a $14.99 monthly charge will apply.

This is odd, I am an existing customer and get it for $5. If they do add the other 11 within the next 6 months, it will be worth it.

deltice said:
The details on dishnetwork says that VOOM HD Originals is $5.00/mo. for 6 months and then goes to $14.95/mo.

$14.95 is worth the money for all of them... It helps to offset the cost of the ones that did not make it.

Oh nevermind that's wrong. It does not say the voom channels will be increasing in price.

It is just talking to new subscribers.
Bob is right :)

It says act now and get the Dish Network package PLUS the Voom Package for only $5 for 6 months for a total of 15 HD channels.

it was not singling out Voom. This does not mean the channels will be increasing in price

$5 for Voom 10 and I expect it to go to $10 for Voom 21. Still a great deal. My kids are in their glory... Godzilla in HD on Monsters HD. My poor 921 is gonna run out of storage room quick (the perils of a big increase in HD programming). I usually need the summer rerun season to get caught up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)