how dish donates to charities

they have to figure out who we are first. and good luck to that. if an employee makes themselves recognizable here, they are dumb and would have probably gotten fired for something else eventually.

You do realize that, at the very least, you've left your digital imprint on this site, correct? If you continue the pattern and practice of douchebagging customers (who may very well be other SatGuys members), what's stopping Scott from giving up your IP if they ask?

Last edited:
If you are making a $20 donation simply for the tax deduction, then you are making it for the wrong reason. Look at is an opportunity to participate with your fellow employees in making much-needed donation to charity without a great deal of personal sacrifice, which, without your employer's encouragement, you would be unlikely to make on your own.

As for the argument that your employer gets the tax deduction that you deserve, that simply isn't the case. If the employer claims a $1,000 charitable contribution, they must show the $1,000 they collected as income. Money cannot go into the bank without being accounted for.

Example: Employer sells 50 jeans passes for $20 each, for a total of $1,000. Employer deposits that $1,000 into its bank account. Employer then writes a check for $1,000 to the charity. It is an "in and out" expense with no effect on the bottom line.

So, in addition to their own charitable donations, they actually incentivise employees to donate as well by offering small, tangible benefits?
That's unforgivable. :rolleyes:

Disgruntled employee is still disgruntled.
They put pressure on employees to donate to specific charities, and take credit for the donations. That may not be unforgivable. But, it is wrong, none the less.

I don't really have a problem with this...it is kind of a fun way to raise money for charities. However, if Dish puts pressure on you so that you feel like you have to contribute, then I think they are crossing the line!
Yes. They are.

There is nothing new or evil about this at all. I just think the OP has an attitude about it. He never once made it sound like he realized his donations are deductible. Who cares what name it's given in? My wife and I participate in a similar program with her University employer.
The OP's "attitude" is merely one of annoyance at a practice that borders on illegal in some states.

The donations should be in the name of "Dish Network Employees" and not 'Dish Network".
Exactly!

Kazuma05, GET OVER IT! This is a very common practice.
So were 16 hour workdays, child labor, and no fire doors.

They put pressure on employees to donate to specific charities, and take credit for the donations. That may not be unforgivable. But, it is wrong, none the less.

The OP's "attitude" is merely one of annoyance at a practice that borders on illegal in some states.

Illegal? Hardly.
The OP has the option of purchasing a product or service from a company (in this case, the privilege of ignoring dress code for a limited time). That company, in turn, donates part or all of those proceeds to a charity.

Here's a couple more examples of this unconscionable behavior in action:
Save Lids to Save Lives®
Join(RED)

You do realize that, at the very least, you've left your digital imprint on this site, correct? If you continue the pattern and practice of douchebagging customers (who may very well be other SatGuys members), what's stopping Scott from giving up your IP if they ask?

even if scott did give up my IP address, which i highly doubt he has always stated that he will protect the privacy of users, what is dish going to do with it? and how do they not know that maybe i am piggybacking off of one of the many many open networks in reach of me.

they would have to get the ISP to release my info to them if they did get my IP address. my ISP will not give out my personal information without either my written consent or a court order.

tulsa agent said:
even if scott did give up my IP address, which i highly doubt he has always stated that he will protect the privacy of users, what is dish going to do with it? and how do they not know that maybe i am piggybacking off of one of the many many open networks in reach of me.

they would have to get the ISP to release my info to them if they did get my IP address. my ISP will not give out my personal information without either my written consent or a court order.

Don't worry; it'll probably never come to that. You've already volunteered plenty of personal information a motivated employee can use to identify you. As a stockholder, I sincerely hope that happens.

Don't worry; it'll probably never come to that. You've already volunteered plenty of personal information a motivated employee can use to identify you. As a stockholder, I sincerely hope that happens.

so what personal information have i volunteered that they could use? perhaps i fabricate my personal information, as to whether i am male or female, whether or not my coach is male or female, and the things i do say sometimes conflict with what i previously said when it comes to my personal comments.

however, everything i have stated about dish is how i really feel.

also, scott has a privacy clause for satelliteguys members---
"Disclosure of Personal Information

SatelliteGuys.US does not disclose your personally identifying information (such as email address or IP address) to any third parties for any purpose without your prior consen or without the valid request of any law enforcement agency. All reasonable care is taken by staff handling personal information to ensure its security both offline and online. It is our policy to destroy server access and personal information provided during the technical support process upon completion of the technical support incident.
"

we have been provided assurance that he will not release our IP information to any 3rd party without our written consent or court order.

currently, there is a lawsuit filed by a Rosemary Port who is suing Google for violation their similar privacy statement. this suit is for 15 million dollars.

Where the hell is this thread going? Who cares what the CSR say on here. They are entitled to their thoughts just the same as we are on here. I myself like hearing some of the inside information they have.

Echostar 15 and Transponders 23 and 24

I Don't get this ad for NFL Redzone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts