How Dish is paying it's lawyers fees... $599 damaged rcvr fee!

I believe this industry has some of the worst customer service in the world.

Until companies realize that customer service can be a selling point for a service and not just a cost .. it will remain poor.

Watched an interesting documentary/news show from the UK a couple of weeks ago that was saying that many companies are now shifting from India/Sri lanka etc - to South Africa ... followed a call-rep from South Africa through interview and first few days on the job ... frightening watching them spend weeks of training learning how to pronounce words so that they can be better understood and almost no time at all learning about the product/service they were there to represent.

Then they showed "success stories" - Utility companies that have reduced complaints and time per call by switching customer service back home ... overall the cost to the company went up by around 10% .. however retention, complaints, confidence in the product and new sign-ups were all much better. They showed how one online banking service uses incentives / pay / bonuses / relaxed working atmosphere etc to achieve #1 rated support ..

very interesting.

So if ya'll remember I had 3 or 4 bad 622's in a row during Bowl season :mad:
So I finally got one to stay running w/o rebooting every 30 seconds.

Then I also jumped on the $.01 Cinemax deal so now I have CC AutoPay

So now 2 months later I have a $688 bill!!!!!! :eek:
DAMAGED RECEIVER FEE 599.00

So I flip out, call Dish, the foreign girl tries to explain it's a damaged receiver fee.
DUH I can read!
She says let me check on it, a few min later. It says here dent in chasis (took me 3 repeats to understand her)
I say it left my hands the same condition I recieved it in 2 days eariler, if it was damaged in transit, in your packaging, you need to file insurance with UPS!
We can't do that, you need to call and file a claim.
:eek: What?! Me call?! I don't have a tracking number, insurance number, nothing! And I've been in shipping bussiness long enough to know the shipper needs to file!
She offeres to get the tracking number... Which reciever is it, I show 3 sent out.
Uhhh how would I know you charged me!
Honld on.... Let me transfer you to tech support, they will finish this call.

So I get dumped into the automated system, finally get an agent, I said I got transfered to you because I have a $599 damaged receiver fee I need resolved.
"OK"Click.
Hung up on! :mad: :mad:

So I call back! At least I can understand this girl. Re-explain, she puts me on actual hold not just pausing like #1 did, she comes back and says they reversed the charge to reflect on your next bill as a credit.
I say I need a refund not a credit!
She says sorry it needs 24hrs to process before we can request a refund.

So we'll see what happens.

Only 52 days left until I can cancel! Just after I was getting over the sores of the multiple reciever issues and decided I might stay after the contract is over.

Now not a chance!

BUD Here I come! $10-20/mo for only the channels I watch!
so they charged your credt card $599!!!! And they wanted to give you a programming CREDIT?!!! Those F*ckin bastards...Listen. you have 6 months to dispute a debit against a credit card. Before doing anything else, call the issuing bank and inquire as to what the dispute process is, then dispute it.

haha.. why dont you just cancel it and thats it? LOL you make it seem so hard to cancel them.. they messed up.. its their fault.. switch to another company and thats it :)

haha.. why dont you just cancel it and thats it? LOL you make it seem so hard to cancel them.. they messed up.. its their fault.. switch to another company and thats it :)

I only have 50ish days left on the contract. wouldn't just canceling cost me $$$?

so the cancellation fee is like 26.66 .. you rather pay the month which is proibably more than that? Or cancel now and your prorated credit generated (you pay a month in advance) takes care of your cancellation fee?! Simple :)

Using the online chat is much easier. It keeps my blood pressure down as well. CSR seem to be more helpful based on my experiences.

My only experience with the online CSR service was bad. I was trying to get the public service channels (CSPAN, etc.) included with my HD Only package (as several in this forum have done) and I was being stonewalled. When I began to disagree with the CSR, I got a message that there was a technical problem with the service and it was shut down. That's probably at the same point that the CSR would have put me "on hold", followed by a dial tone if I had called instead...

so they charged your credt card $599!!!! And they wanted to give you a programming CREDIT?!!! Those F*ckin bastards...Listen. you have 6 months to dispute a debit against a credit card. Before doing anything else, call the issuing bank and inquire as to what the dispute process is, then dispute it.

Stop being dense and assuming you understand all aspects of the system. An account credit is issued first because the system requires there to be an excess dollar amount present before a refund can be issued. A refund would then be applied to send the amount back to the credit card charged. For a CSR this process takes a minimum of 24 hours.

He'll piss off his bank disputing at this point, and if he closes his account he risks the refund not being returned quickly or at all. How much moral outrage do you have? I figured you would have burned it off by now. He's gotten his adjustment and should be praying it won't be reversed considering a CSR (much less an outsource CSR) doesn't have the authority to process a six hundred dollar transaction.

Stop being dense and assuming you understand all aspects of the system. An account credit is issued first because the system requires there to be an excess dollar amount present before a refund can be issued. A refund would then be applied to send the amount back to the credit card charged. For a CSR this process takes a minimum of 24 hours.

He'll piss off his bank disputing at this point, and if he closes his account he risks the refund not being returned quickly or at all. How much moral outrage do you have? I figured you would have burned it off by now.
Demse?.. Piss off his bank? So what if the get pissed? It's business not personal. So you think we should be afraid some jerk at a bank may get his panties in a wad for excercising our right to dispute a charge?
Show me all proof of your banking knowledge..
You figured?.That's your problem. Figuring. I smell the wood burining from here.
Pretty funny coming from a guy who calls himself "zero"....

Demse?.. Piss off his bank? So what if the get pissed? It's business not personal. So you think we should be afraid some jerk at a bank may get his panties in a wad for excercising our right to dispute a charge?
Show me all proof of your banking knowledge..
You figured?.That's your problem. Figuring. I smell the wood burining from here.
Pretty funny coming from a guy who calls himself "zero"....

If that's the best you've got we can just go over your spelling of the word "demse". The logic is simple, if you already have what you want you don't go the extra mile to make other people's lives and/or jobs unnecessarily difficult to make yourself feel better. (Well you apparently would, but anyways...)

Regarding the OP, if his refund has been issued he waits 10 days and follows up. It's not that complicated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts