How Dish lost me as a customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Not everyone always has all the knowledge and experience that long-timers on this site have. We come down too hard too often on some of the newer-bies posting on this site as if they're idiots for not having read every post on every topic, or not knowing every last detail of how a company like E* handles New vs. Returning vs. Current customers.

Maybe will work

I don't know if it would help or not but you might try emailing the whole story to ceo@dishnetwork.com. Think you got a raw deal and maybe the ceo dept will help. I know you went to loyalty dept but not sure if they are the same group of ppl. Man FIOS equipment is that bad. What a rip off.

Sorry... been at work and not checking the forum. To answer how big or small of a fish I was from 2006 to 2009, I was Top 250 with 2 movie packages and 3 receivers for about 1/2 of the time. The other half I was Absolute HD with 3 movie packages and 3 receivers and also the $5 Dish CD add-on and $5 Encore add-on.

Not sure how big or small that makes my business. ;)

Robert

Well, cooler heads have finally prevailed. I emailed the CEO people but didn't reply, so I decided to call the CEO office directly yesterday around 7 pm one more time to see what we might be able to work out.

Spoke with a very nice person who agreed that I was given some major runaround in the last few weeks. She said she would re-activate my account and then do a Dishing it Up upgrade to a 722K at zero cost to me. She would also give me the 12 monthly credits I had been promised 3 weeks ago.

She then told me I'd need to have the 722K installed because they supposedly can't send new HD DVR's via UPS. But she surprised me big time when she asked "is it ok if we do the installation of the DVR tomorrow between 12 and 5?"

Today, the installer showed up right around 2 pm with a new 722K. We plugged it in together, activated my programming and I'm a happy Dish customer once more. :) For now I've chosen the Top 250 with HD package. I was also given the 3 free months HBO and Showtime. Was told the penny Cinemax was gone, though... no big deal.

Just wish this all hadn't been such a hassle from the beginning. :rant: But it's all good now thanks to the people at the CEO office.

Last thing I needed to do was order a OTA module for my antenna on the roof... ordered that earlier today and it should be here by Thursday. Will be really nice to have 2 OTA tuners on the 722K. :D

Robert

I would have asked for something for my hassle as well since you essentually got the same deal as anybody else that signs up for Dish for the first time but then again you are probably lucky to have gotten the deal. It is all about talking to the right person and sometimes it takes a few tries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)