How do I block Al Jababble channels from coming into my house?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't tune to the channel? There is probably a channel block feature if you can't resist the temptation to look at it. Check your manual.

I don't want buckets of stink in my house even if I am not going to open the lid.
And blocking the channel is like putting a brick on top of the bucket of stink--it is still there.

Sorry but they can't remove channels from individual customers' TV packages. You have 3 options.

1. Get over your prejudices and deal with it. You don't have to watch the channel if you don't like it. Like others have said, you can probably even block the channel in your guide if you don't want to see it.
2. Drop down to a package that doesn't include that channel. If they don't have a package without the channel switch to someone who does.
3. Don't pay for cable or satellite. If you really want to keep radio silence on all viewpoints you don't agree with that is probably your best bet.

I don't consider "keeping out of your life" a religion or philosophy or group or cult, or whatever label is most appropriate, that has as one of it's precepts the anhilation of all who do not believe as they do, as being a prejudice. A closer correct assessment would be that it is common sense. Prejudices, you see, have no reasonable basis. Things with a reasonable basis are simply good judgement.

Incidentally, I simply asked how to do it.
You turned it into an evaluation of the validity of my choices.
I would appreciate it if you would just answer the questions.

I don't consider "keeping out of your life" a religion or philosophy or group or cult, or whatever label is most appropriate, that has as one of it's precepts the anhilation of all who do not believe as they do, as being a prejudice. A closer correct assessment would be that it is common sense. Prejudices, you see, have no reasonable basis. Things with a reasonable basis are simply good judgement.

Incidentally, I simply asked how to do it.
You turned it into an evaluation of the validity of my choices.
I would appreciate it if you would just answer the questions.

This will be my last post on this because I am aware that this conversation is inappropriate for this area of the website. First, I already answered your question with my post. Those really are your only options.

Secondly, "annihilation of all who do not believe as they do" is not part of Islam. Terrorists are extremists just like the Christians who protest US soldiers' funerals. All of this is really irrelevant though. I have watched quite a bit of Al Jazeera America's news. If it wasn't for the name of the channel you wouldn't even know you were watching an Arabic run channel. They show news that isn't all that different from the American news channels. The biggest difference I have noticed is the lack of celebrity gossip. I have watched their news plenty of times and I still haven't been asked to Annihilate anyone.

This will be my last post on this because I am aware that this conversation is inappropriate for this area of the website. First, I already answered your question with my post. Those really are your only options.

Secondly, "annihilation of all who do not believe as they do" is not part of Islam. Terrorists are extremists just like the Christians who protest US soldiers' funerals. All of this is really irrelevant though. I have watched quite a bit of Al Jazeera America's news. If it wasn't for the name of the channel you wouldn't even know you were watching an Arabic run channel. They show news that isn't all that different from the American news channels. The biggest difference I have noticed is the lack of celebrity gossip. I have watched their news plenty of times and I still haven't been asked to Annihilate anyone.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I don't want buckets of stink in my house even if I am not going to open the lid.
And blocking the channel is like putting a brick on top of the bucket of stink--it is still there.

I'm sure your neighbors have the same feelings about other channels that YOU may like.

Again they can't just "remove" channels from the guide based on someone's feeling towards that channel. Hey I hate Lifetime, OWN, Lifetime Movie (aka the wifebeater channel) and would never watch them even if you paid me. What do I do? Lock and hide the channels out of the guide so I never see them :)

Thank you for writing the post that I wanted to write. Al Jazeera does a great job on news coverage. I'm a professional journalist and can say that their coverage is very accurate and nonbiased. Jcarerra's attitude and xenophobia underscores the reason why I have to use an "American sounding" professional name to survive in the biz. That's so unlike Canada which I can honestly say is a multicultural society which embraces itself, the U.S. really works at being a clone of "Duck Dynasty" that and sometimes making people who don't have direct roots to the American continent feeling very marginalized.

(Getting down from my orange crate so someone else can use it :) )

Sorry but they can't remove channels from individual customers' TV packages. You have 3 options.

1. Get over your prejudices and deal with it. You don't have to watch the channel if you don't like it. Like others have said, you can probably even block the channel in your guide if you don't want to see it.
2. Drop down to a package that doesn't include that channel. If they don't have a package without the channel switch to someone who does.
3. Don't pay for cable or satellite. If you really want to keep radio silence on all viewpoints you don't agree with that is probably your best bet.

Last edited:
There is one way others are failing to mention. You can buy a "Trap" that will block that frequency from entering your home. Now if you wish to get a frequency specific trap they can be very expensive, you can google on where to buy one and how. However I can not gurantee that Bright House does not change the frequency on which that channel travels it it is possible that up to 12 channels may also travel on that same frequency so you will lose all 12 of them.

Do like i do and just dont tune to FOX Noise unless you are looking for a good laugh.

Well this one has been answered and it has turned into a religious / political debate which is not allowed here, so time to close this one. :)

have a good weekend everyone!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts