How do I change a Joeys default hopper reciever

Mallory

Original poster
Nov 6, 2016
Chino
I am new to dish. I have 2 hoppers with 3 linked joeys. One joey was linked to living room 1 hopper and switched to master bedroom hopper but I can not switch it back. I can switch the source under DVR but can no longer record to living room 1. With scheduling issues I need to switch it back but can not seem to find a way to do so.

I am new to dish. I have 2 hoppers with 3 linked joeys. One joey was linked to living room 1 hopper and switched to master bedroom hopper but I can not switch it back. I can switch the source under DVR but can no longer record to living room 1. With scheduling issues I need to switch it back but can not seem to find a way to do so.
Menu , settings ,Whole home, on the Joey.
Click on a Hopper to link.

I am also trying to switch the linked Hopper on one Joey. My Setup is two Hoppers and one Joey. When I upgraded my setup last week the installer linked to the wrong Hopper. I can unlink the Joey to the living room Hopper, but it will not link to the Hopper down stairs. I tried rebooting both Hoppers and the Joey and still cannot connect to the downstairs Hopper.

Is there a setting on the Hopper that needs to be changed to allow me to link to it? When I go to the setting on the Joey I see both Hoppers and when I select the one I want I get the press select to link. After I press select nothing happens. But if I do the same process on the living room Hopper (the one I do not want to link) it links with no problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am also trying to switch the linked Hopper on one Joey. My Setup is two Hoppers and one Joey. When I upgraded my setup last week the installer linked to the wrong Hopper. I can unlink the Joey to the living room Hopper, but it will not link to the Hopper down stairs. I tried rebooting both Hoppers and the Joey and still cannot connect to the downstairs Hopper.

Is there a setting on the Hopper that needs to be changed to allow me to link to it? When I go to the setting on the Joey I see both Hoppers and when I select the one I want I get the press select to link. After I press select nothing happens. But if I do the same process on the living room Hopper (the one I do not want to link) it links with no problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try unplugging the power from the hopper you don’t want to link to and do an RBR on the joey and try linking to the hopper you do want to link to. Doing it that way should make the joey think there’s only one available hopper. After there linked plug the other hopper in and do a RBR on the other hopper and joey to make sure everything sees each other without issues.

RBR (Red Button Reboot)

Try unplugging the power from the hopper you don’t want to link to and do an RBR on the joey and try linking to the hopper you do want to link to. Doing it that way should make the joey think there’s only one available hopper. After there linked plug the other hopper in and do a RBR on the other hopper and joey to make sure everything sees each other without issues.

RBR (Red Button Reboot)

Thanks that worked!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)