How do I find out what satellite I am viewing

If you only have one dish, you're looking at 129. If you have a second dish pointed in a direction distinctly different than the other, then you may have 61.5.

Note that you may have two dishes (one with three LNB's and one with probably one LNB) and get both 129 and 61.5. If you're in this position, where you could receive HD channels from either 129 or 61.5, then I think 129 beats 61.5 when a channel exists on both.

You can go through the menus to Menu-6-1-3 (?) to the point dish screen. Move your cursor over to the list of satellite locations. Move your cursor up and down through them and see which ones you have signals on.

If the Dish has DISH 500 printed on it, you are only looking at 110 and 119.

The easiest thing to do is look at the setup screen on your receiver. Press menu-6-1-1. Then do a check switch. The satellites you are receiving will show in the window.

Another proceedure is: select a channel that you wish to identify. After the ch is selected, do the menu 6-1-1 screen. That screen will display the sat and tsp of the ch that you just selected. To determine where the signal comes from on another ch., cancel back to the one that you just identified and select a different one. Repeat the above steps to find out the tsp & sat used by that ch. ETC ETC

i noticed cleveland may finally get locals, but on 61.5? does that mean i'll need to call dish and have them put up another dish, since i only have one on my house. i'm kinda lost when it comes to all the different dishes and locations. is there a noob guide on here i'm overlooking?

i noticed cleveland may finally get locals, but on 61.5? does that mean i'll need to call dish and have them put up another dish, since i only have one on my house. i'm kinda lost when it comes to all the different dishes and locations. is there a noob guide on here i'm overlooking?

Yes, you will need to contact DISH (they will probably be contacting you in the next few days IF the locals do actually go up). You will need a second dish pointed at 61.5. Unfortunately 148 and 61.5 are only accessible through a second dish.

Try here for a tutorial on the various dishes: EKB: Dish Types

Yes, you will need to contact DISH (they will probably be contacting you in the next few days IF the locals do actually go up). You will need a second dish pointed at 61.5. Unfortunately 148 and 61.5 are only accessible through a second dish.

Try here for a tutorial on the various dishes: EKB: Dish Types

thank you for the link and the quick response. would i be correct in assuming ill have to pay dish to get them to come out and do it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)