How do I find settings of current dish remote (54)

Jboswald

Original poster
Oct 26, 2019
Wilmore, KY
I just had a new hopper-3 installed and the installer set it up great. My TV drives a Kenwood VRS-6100 audio center. The remote (54) is configured to control volume of the Kenwood system and works like it should.
I am pairing a second remote (54) and successfully set it up to control the Hopper, and the TV, however when using the wizard to add the Kenwood unit, Kenwood does not show up in the list of supported devices. I tried adding the unit using the 4 digit codes I found via a google search, but the hopper tells me they are not valid codes. The installer successfully setup the first remote to control the Kenwood - Is there a way to determine what code is set in the working remote? Or to copy the setup from one remote to another one?

I just had a new hopper-3 installed and the installer set it up great. My TV drives a Kenwood VRS-6100 audio center. The remote (54) is configured to control volume of the Kenwood system and works like it should.
I am pairing a second remote (54) and successfully set it up to control the Hopper, and the TV, however when using the wizard to add the Kenwood unit, Kenwood does not show up in the list of supported devices. I tried adding the unit using the 4 digit codes I found via a google search, but the hopper tells me they are not valid codes. The installer successfully setup the first remote to control the Kenwood - Is there a way to determine what code is set in the working remote? Or to copy the setup from one remote to another one?

Using the remote that's already programmed go to Settings > Remote Control > Auxiliary Device. You should see the remote code for the Kenwood there.

Good luck and :welcome.

Oh, and also when you're testing the codes make sure to press the AUX button on the side of the remote for the test then back to SAT mode for the programming.

Ok.. Managed to get it setup. My error was when selecting the AUX device type, I needed to specify a 'audio receiver' instead of 'audio amplifier'. Kenwood DID show up under the Audio Receiver category. I had to use the 'try next code' option, it was the 4th of 27 codes.
Working now... Thanks.. (PS - the 4 digit code was 0313).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts