How Do I Get E* to Upgrade My Dish?

jack byron

Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Erie, PA
I want the new 1000+ for increased signal strength on 129. My Erie PA locals off the 1000 suffer from rain fade and HD is freezing. Instead of purchasing the dish, switch and cable and installing myself I am willing to pay E* an installation fee or do I request a specific programming upgrade or channel that is on 118.7 to get the equipment for free? Also, I have two 622's and wanted to know if I can keep my existing two cable runs into the house? Any reply is appreciated.

Last edited:
It would be less expensive to either purchase a used dish 500 with single lnb on ebay or to go with the Dish1000.2, and you wouldn't have to add programming. If you need stronger signal the Dish1000.2 is probably your best bet. I believe they cost about $100. the Dish1000+ is $150.

I want the new 1000+ for increased signal strength on 129. My Erie PA locals off the 1000 suffer from rain fade and HD is freezing. Instead of purchasing the dish, switch and cable and installing myself I am willing to pay E* an installation fee or do I request a specific programming upgrade or channel that is on 118.7 to get the equipment for free? Also, I have two 622's and wanted to know if I can keep my existing two cable runs into the house? Any reply is appreciated.

The 1000 plus isn't new. The 1000.2 is. You should be able to keep your cables with it. But the suggestion of a dish 500 solely for 129 would be your best bet. The only way dish would upgrade your sat (at the cost of a service call) would be if it was deemed necessary to have a strong/minimal signal strength.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts