How do I get locals via satellite - beginning Feb. 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Totoro

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Boston
I have not subscribed to locals because I only pay around $3 per month for basic cable ($13 month - $10 discount for having Internet bundled service). Now I understand that everyone will be paying for locals beginning Feb. 2 and that the option to save $5.99 by not getting locals will be gone.

This is my question.

Since I will be paying for locals, will they show up automatically on Feb. 2, or do I need to call dish to have them added to my account?

Correct me if I am wrong about the Feb. 2 change.

FYI - I have been told by both the loyalty team and the CEO email address that I will NOT have to pay for locals on Feb. 1 if I do not pay for them today. That only people who CHANGE their package on or after Feb. 1 will *have* to pay for locals.

I've been trying to find out if someone on this forum has something official that says otherwise so I can take that information back to Dish Network.

Thanks!

You'd probably like to keep your cable anyway, unless you know for a fact that an antenna is super easy to set up. The scene that I've observed is that the digital channels are on the analog line anyway, and anything newer than a ViP-622 should be able to at least scan those channels but not get the guide data for them.

You'd probably like to keep your cable anyway, unless you know for a fact that an antenna is super easy to set up. The scene that I've observed is that the digital channels are on the analog line anyway, and anything newer than a ViP-622 should be able to at least scan those channels but not get the guide data for them.

I think you are referring to OTA channels. I am looking for advice on locals via satellite.

It is not clear yet if they are going to go back and put locals on current subs. It is pretty clear that new subs will not have a choice.

$3.00 is a great price for your locals.

If you are not interested in changing what you have, you should sit right where you are at this point.

If Dish starts to force locals down our throats, at that point it makes sense to drop the cable locals. Somewhere I saw a post here (I believe from Scott) that said if locals are not available where you are then you won't have to pay for them. Look at the new package prices and take off $5.00.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)