How do i get my locals through dish?

VaDavid

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Do i have to call them? or do i just go to mydistancenetworks website?

I did and it says i will need a Waiver. I want ABC, FOX, NBC, CBS

I did this once before and you did it on dishnetworks website directly and you could check the stats of the Waiver.

And no i would need a super antenna to get any locals. :rant:

just call dish at 800-333-3474 and ask if you qualify to receive locals
they r normally an extra $5

it also depends on ur location

When i put in my address at dish.com i get

Unfortunately, this address is not eligible for any of the Local Network Packages.

So what is the mydistantnetworks thing?

I called Dish i can't get any locals and allamericandirect does not have any locals they had NY, LA etc to pick from that would not do any good to watch NFL.

But I wonder which market. If you are in Virginia (just taking a guess off your name) All markets are available except for Harrisonburg, WV market. If you are truly in Viriginia, check county list from here and that tells you which locals you should qualify for

http://dishuser.org/TVMarkets/Maps/virginia.gif

and the master list
Index of /TVMarkets/Maps

Thanks for that map. You guessed right though.

going by the map im in the Harrisonburg, WV market.

I wonder if they will ever have it here.

shoot. They were uplinked at one time and I think the reason they were dropped was not all the affiliates are in the market.

shoot. They were uplinked at one time and I think the reason they were dropped was not all the affiliates are in the market.

Oh well thanks for the help. I did get Dish to drop some money off my bill for a year because of it.

you could "move" to a neighboring market. Lots of folks have done that

You change the physical address with Dish to a nearby area that qualifies for locals but keep the billing address your house. Then you can at least get a neighboring set of locals

you could "move" to a neighboring market. Lots of folks have done that

You change the physical address with Dish to a nearby area that qualifies for locals but keep the billing address your house. Then you can at least get a neighboring set of locals

They wouldn't see what i was trying to do? :)

yeah lots of us "move"...me being one of them

I used a legit address of my old place in the market I wanted to have and added "apt 1" as the physical. Told Dish I have a dish setup and to change the physical address. Keep billing address the same.

Then I waited aboutr 15 minutes and went online to my account and added locals

yeah lots of us "move"...me being one of them

I used a legit address of my old place in the market I wanted to have and added "apt 1" as the physical. Told Dish I have a dish setup and to change the physical address. Keep billing address the same.

Then I waited aboutr 15 minutes and went online to my account and added locals

Great idea how close should the town be that i pick?

Theres a town 3 miles from me that can get all the locals in HD from DC that would give me every NFL game of the redskins in HD. :D

It's my grandma's address. Can i change this on line? If i ever needed service would they come to the billing address?

If i have to call them what do i say? Its not like they don't know where the Dish really is?

Great idea how close should the town be that i pick?
you have to be within the spotbeam of the channels so any neighboring area will be fine.

Theres a town 3 miles from me that can get all the locals in HD from DC that would give me every NFL game of the redskins in HD. :D
that would work

It's my grandma's address. Can i change this on line? If i ever needed service would they come to the billing address?
does she have Dish? If not just change it then. I dont think you can change the physical address online. I think you need to call Dish

If i have to call them what do i say? Its not like they don't know where the Dish really is?
Tell them you need to change your address because you moved. You already have a dish setup there and everything is hooked up and need to change the address. Tell them you need to keep the billing address as is. They'll ask you for the "new" address and they'll change it.

Then you can add locals one of two ways
-wait 15-30 minutes and go online and add them
-ask the rep which locals you get. They should be able to add them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)