How do I get other locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eatman3

Original poster
Jul 15, 2004
I live in West Palm Beach but want to get the Miami locals b/c they are getting PBS & CW in HD. I went into setup and changed to a Ft. Lauderdale zip code and it did the whole satelite check and came back ok. But I still get the WPB locals. What do I need to do?

Changing the zip code in the point dish screen does nothing other than giving you the proper aiming information to aim the dish it doesn't change what you are receiving. You need to call dish and tell them you moved to get different locals. As MikeD pointed out. Just do a search for "moving" and you'll get lots of information.

It sure would be nice if someday you could just order and pay for any cities locals that you want (provided you get your own). They're all up there, unlike your local cable company, and those cable companies would have a fit if Dish or Direct could sell out of town local cities a la carte. It would be a great selling point for satellite.

I live in West Palm Beach but want to get the Miami locals b/c they are getting PBS & CW in HD. I went into setup and changed to a Ft. Lauderdale zip code and it did the whole satelite check and came back ok. But I still get the WPB locals. What do I need to do?
Miami PBS and CW are not currently available in HD from DiSH Network. You might try a hugh OTA antenna.

It sure would be nice if someday you could just order and pay for any cities locals that you want (provided you get your own). They're all up there, unlike your local cable company, and those cable companies would have a fit if Dish or Direct could sell out of town local cities a la carte. It would be a great selling point for satellite.

It was ,until Charlie got greedy and let anyone, anyone who called, have distants ,which lead to the broadcaster lawsuits that lasted years, and now the following edict ordered by the courts; DISH CAN NEVER SELL DISTANT NETWORKS AGAIN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)