How do I get RID of dish!??? ATTN DIRT TEAM!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As I stated above, they seem to be losing and re-gaining the same few thousand or so subs back and forth. They are basically standing still. That isn't good for long term growth no matter how you slant it Kab.
Maybe, in order to deal with stagnant numbers, Dish should attempt to offer a lower cost version of their service, but do it only online. They could call it NousTV or something.

But Dish would need to get streaming rights to programming, and that would take several of agreements to get through and Dish would have to have a decent long-term strategy to deal with the evolution of pay television to have thought that far ahead.

I guess Dish has no other option than to raise your fees to $35 a receiver to up their profit margin.

Reactions: ChadT41 and dare2be
As I stated above, they seem to be losing and re-gaining the same few thousand or so subs back and forth. They are basically standing still. That isn't good for long term growth no matter how you slant it Kab.

(IMHO) Dish's and DTVs numbers being somewhat stagnant isn't some big mystery, they have, for the most part, reached saturation. Compounded by the fact that TV viewership in general is dropping.

Though I think both products are far better than cable, there are a lot of people that don't care that much about TV, as long as they get the basics they want. Also so many are convinced they are actually saving money because they are "bundling" (LOL). They don't realize they are spending $50 more a month than need be, they are just happy they are saving $5-$10/month bundling. It is hard for the Satellite companies to compare their prices to cables, because no one really knows what the cable rates are, they seem to be for the most part, unwritten and nebulous.

Now feel free to steer this thread back on topic, making fun of Bob :)

Wow.... I get junk mail all the time. I don't mind them because #1 I just recycle them and #2 they at least help keep a USPS employee working and others that are effected by the junk mail still being sent. I see a direcTV ad in the mail I just rip it up a few times and throw it in the recycle box. Big deal.

I had a long troublesome day, including a roundtrip 5 h + drive.

oh and the highlight? installing a new motor from a scrap machine, a motor that never fails:( only to find out the new motor was bad.......

at least it happened in the shop and not at the customers location, cresson PA.

Wow.... I get junk mail all the time. I don't mind them because #1 I just recycle them and #2 they at least help keep a USPS employee working and others that are effected by the junk mail still being sent. I see a direcTV ad in the mail I just rip it up a few times and throw it in the recycle box. Big deal.

Exactly! I wonder what it's like to stress out so much about little things like Bob does?

Also very funny you are using that article when it's headline is "DirecTV Adds 93,000 U.S. Subscribers in Q4, But Growth Slows as Fees Keep Rising"

Reactions: thomasjk
I have the image captured off of this website that outlines all the changes and it clearly says 02/01/10 at the top of the Monthly Additional Receiver FEEs
I do not care what you have an image of, I had 2 722's until they raised the rate for the second one to $17 and I know for certain that the tree was hit on 8/9/2009 and I had only 1 receiver at that time. So I do not know what to tell you.

I would hate to go through life this mad. I think Scott need's to give Bob his own forum just to vent. Rose can post too. Could be entertaining.

Reactions: brad1138
I was a happy long term dish sub.... a dealer for awhile..... and only cancelled when dish raised the extra receiver fees from 5 bucks per box to $17. A overnite cash grab. I hate them for that! I had kept all my boxes connected to the phone line at all times. I owned all my boxes! So I cancelled and will NEVER have dish again!

It all worked out I bought lifetime tiovos and since cable cards are under 4 bucks per month, and comcast triple play is cheaper than what I was paying for dish alone for AEP dish actually forced me to save money:) I didnt bother getting the premium channels since we didnt watch them much

I was thrilled that how much better tivos were than dishes bug ridden boxes. My tivos go forever without a reboot or troubleshooting!

Now I would occasionally get a comeback to dish offer, every few months.

Now thru all this jen and me got divorced:) and I am now happily living with rose for over 3 years:)

However dish is haunting me. I am now getting at least one comeback offer in the mail nearly every day:( Rose is irritated most come addressed to my X jen

I am sick of being a mail handler for dish:(

For over the last month I have been writing the arrival date on the unopened offers and dropping them in big box which is now getting full:(

If dish is unable to end what I now consider harrasing mail I am taking this to the media. Solicting me is a complete waste for dish! It just irritates me and rose, causes more trash in the world, adds to global warming, and has become a hassle!

I have sent a registered return receipt letter to dish telling them to knock it off, called a bunch of times. and am now ready to take this to the media! I will say they have a almost endless assotment of offeres. None of which interest me in the least. Because of this harrasing mail I tell people to avoid dish!

Any advice would bbe greatly appreciated!

For anyone in pittsburgh you may be watching me on the news consumer section.....:)

I am REALLY SICK OF THIS! charge rip off extra receiver fees, lose customers forever! Dish must be in trouble desperate for subs. and incidently charging to return equiptement at end of lease no doubt makes people less likely to ever subscribe again
Dude..Realz..Tear them up and throw 'em away.
What's the big deal anyway...
Jesus Christ, we have anarchists in the streets trying to ruin Christmas and a government that can't get out of it's own way without creating a disaster.
In other words, there are much larger issues with which to concern one's self

Well folks...

This one has served its purpose and Bob got his answer he was looking for. And while we all (well most) like picking on Bob (and Bob likes being picked on) this is not the place for it, so I am going to close this one because here at SatelliteGuys we normally don't pick on other members.

If Bob wants to open another thread in the Pub Member area where he does most of his rants he is welcome to, but as far as the topic goes the solution has been given and now has nothing to do with the topic.

Thanks for your understanding... and remember to thank Bob because without him there wouldn't have been a SatelliteGuys. :D

Happy Holidays Everyone! :D

Reactions: GaryPen and dare2be
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)