How do I get rid of multiview?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I decided to check out the bracket view app this evening. While in the app I clicked on the multiview link. Now every time I click my select button on the remote it highlights the multiview app. In the past anytime I wanted to check what channel I’m on or see how much time was remaining on a recorded show I was watching I would quickly hit select and then hit select again to cancel. Now when I quickly hit select and then select again it jumps to multiview. Is there a way to get rid of this? It was never there until I visited multiview earlier today.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I've recently upgraded to a Hopper 3 and noticed multiview seems to crash the receiver when trying to setup channels for each frame. Is there a way around having the receiver crashing when trying to set it up. It's quite a cool feature, just wish it didn't crash my hopper.

I've recently upgraded to a Hopper 3 and noticed multiview seems to crash the receiver when trying to setup channels for each frame. Is there a way around having the receiver crashing when trying to set it up. It's quite a cool feature, just wish it didn't crash my hopper.

It crashes if you're on eastern arc and you try to put an SD channel in either of the top two quads. SD channels have to be on the bottom. The lower right quad even keeps the aspect ratio correct for SD.

Press the red button and turn it off

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
I have found no good, reliable way to get out of multi-view (besides rebooting) if it starts to get wonky. Sometimes I am able to get into M-V and out just like you're supposed to. But most often, at some point, something happens. One that drives me crazy is when, all of a sudden, instead of changing the audio when going left/right/up/down, it starts to change the channel in the box instead!

I would love it if someone has a reliable way to get out without rebooting as, so often, other family members are watching on a Joey and I have to plead to interrupt them 5 minutes for a full reboot.

Reactions: robstudio
I am on EA and have been trying to get 4 HD channels at the same time. I hear ya Eddie, I'm often recording sports and watching on a "buffer" for no commercials. Of course the rebooting is less than ideal in that situation as well. Great feature, perhaps they'll work out the kinks... soon..
As always thanks for the helpful suggestions, I'll try futzing with it some more..

I am on EA and have been trying to get 4 HD channels at the same time. I hear ya Eddie, I'm often recording sports and watching on a "buffer" for no commercials. Of course the rebooting is less than ideal in that situation as well. Great feature, perhaps they'll work out the kinks... soon..
As always thanks for the helpful suggestions, I'll try futzing with it some more..

If you tune to four HD channels consecutively in full screen then engage MultiView you'll either have those four channels in the quads or you'll have three of those channels and channel 103.

It's a good idea to only engage or disengage MultiView using Live TV in all quads.

Reactions: robstudio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts