How do I lease a second 622?

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
I just leased my first 622 about a month ago, and now I am selling my 721 and want to get another 622. I know with the Dishn It Up plan, I'm only supposed to get 1 unit in 12 months, but I also know many here were able to get multiple 622's and I am just wondering how you were able to do this. Through the regular tech support line, or did you have to email ceo@echostar?

Thanks in advance!
yaz

I leased my first 622 when they first came out in March and a second one in August. I had read of other people getting a second 622, so I just called the regular customer service number and asked if I could upgrade an 811 to a second 622. The CSR said yes and it was delivered and installed in less than a week. I have been a Dish customer for over seven years, but I am not sure if that made a difference. A lot of things with Dish seem to depend on the CSR that you get when you call.

I just played CSR roulette with 4 people and they all said I cannot lease multiple 622's.... What gives??? Only option is to purchase 2nd 622.

This is why I asked for help....anyone?

You can lease up to four tuners, so the sticking point is probably Dish'n It Up, which limits you to one upgrade transaction per 12 months.

Ok, called 2 more times today. No dice due to DISH'n It Up rules... BS! 4 tuner lease only good for NEW customers, not existing ones!! BS BS
Can't find one lucky CSR :mad:
Emailing ceo.

Just got a call from the Executive Office, they said no problem. He apologized that the regular CSR's couldn't do it for me. (WHY NOT!?)
They wouldn't just ship it to me though, had to be installed. (?) I did install my first leased 622 myself. Install set up for Saturday.

I should have just emailed them in the first place, and save myself over an hour and a half on the phone. Oh well, at least they were quick.

Last edited:
Is it possible for a new customer to lease two 622 receivers? I spoke to a CS rep a few days ago, and the second one was quoted at $549. Aren't you required to pay the DVR fee twice each month $12 with two of them?

Same here. Tried yesterday to lease a second 622 since my 921 appears to dying with no luck . (CSR couldn't speak English). Yaz, how did you end up getting a call from the executive office?

Same here. Tried yesterday to lease a second 622 since my 921 appears to dying with no luck . (CSR couldn't speak English). Yaz, how did you end up getting a call from the executive office?

I emailed ceo@echostar.com with my plight, and added my phone number under my name, they called back later that evening. He said they were staffed from 9a-9p, I think.

If you have a 921/942 you should have no trouble in getting them to trade it in for a leased 622 (for $199) as long as you are not already leasing 4 tuners (2 dual tuner receivers equals 4 tuners). If the csr you talking to doesn't know this insist on talking to a supervisor.

Its a different story if you do not have on HD dvr to trade in but some have gotten them by contacting the CEO mail address.

Just got a call from the Executive Office, they said no problem. He apologized that the regular CSR's couldn't do it for me. (WHY NOT!?)
They wouldn't just ship it to me though, had to be installed. (?) I did install my first leased 622 myself. Install set up for Saturday.

I should have just emailed them in the first place, and save myself over an hour and a half on the phone. Oh well, at least they were quick.

You could of saved you an extra day if you had emailed them in the first place. ;)

If you have a 921/942 you should have no trouble in getting them to trade it in for a leased 622 (for $199) as long as you are not already leasing 4 tuners (2 dual tuner receivers equals 4 tuners). If the csr you talking to doesn't know this insist on talking to a supervisor.

NOT TRUE - They will not allow you to lease a second 622, no matter what. I spoke to a supervisor also. Their computer system will not alllow it, only option is to buy.

Its a different story if you do not have on HD dvr to trade in but some have gotten them by contacting the CEO mail address.

I'm being told the standard story mentioned here. You can only take advantage of their 'dishn it up' upgrade offer once, which I did, even though I didn't turn in my 921 for the $199. I'm being told I must buy one now for $549. I'll keep trying though, I don't want to buy one.

NOT TRUE - They will not allow you to lease a second 622, no matter what. I spoke to a supervisor also. Their computer system will not alllow it, only option is to buy.

Lots of us have two.

If you had two 921/942's it is not even a question, it is allowed. They specifically mentioned this on a Charlie Chat and a tech chat. Upto 4 leased tuners.

Not sure what they will officially say if you did not trade one in originally and now want to.

However some have gotten a second receiver, with no prior HD receivers by sending messages to the CEO mail address.

Last edited:
Super's aren't the right ppl

The supervisors state the same dogma as the bottom rung CSR. so the ppl you need to talk to is the exec resolution team. Email them at ceo@echostar.com. Give them account info and phone number so they can call back.

The supervisors state the same dogma as the bottom rung CSR. so the ppl you need to talk to is the exec resolution team. Email them at ceo@echostar.com. Give them account info and phone number so they can call back.

*sigh* It really is ironic... sorry, inside joke. Two 622's are not normally possible within the system, a manual work order has to be created...a rather nasty one in all honesty. Now there are things that even e-mailing the CEO address will receive a respone that it can't be done. I don't believe in the impossible though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts