How do I move 148 to 61.5

You probably won't be able to have the tech reaim as he is a Dish tech (not a subcontractor)

But offer him a cold drink or some money and see what happens :)

Iceberg said:
You probably won't be able to have the tech reaim as he is a Dish tech (not a subcontractor)

But offer him a cold drink or some money and see what happens :)

I had a 148 Must carry dish installed today and asked the installer if he would mind pointing to 61.5 instead. He was agreeable until the main installation trainer showed up and that was the end of that. He would only do what was written on the work order. The trainer was a true blue company man. I can understand his position, even if inconvenient for me.

Now I need to figure out why my attempts to repoint the dish aren't working. I can find 148 but not 61.5. I've installed three other dishes and everything I know tells me this should work.

RobbinM said:
I had a 148 Must carry dish installed today and asked the installer if he would mind pointing to 61.5 instead. He was agreeable until the main installation trainer showed up and that was the end of that. He would only do what was written on the work order. The trainer was a true blue company man. I can understand his position, even if inconvenient for me.

Now I need to figure out why my attempts to repoint the dish aren't working. I can find 148 but not 61.5. I've installed three other dishes and everything I know tells me this should work.

theres a few answers in your other post :)

Something to remember about the settings for Azimuth and Elevation

I pulled the settings from the E* WEB site and set the sat to them.

I had to make small adjustments until I got a good signal.

E* WEB site said the settings should be:
Elevation - 36
Azimuth - 120

The settings that worked for me where
Elevation - 42
Azimuth - 126

So you do need to tweak it a little bit

thats not good that the elevation is off so much...what does it say in the install screen on the receiver (go to peak angles or something like that in the 6-1-1 screen)

azimuth I could see because of magnetic deviation

I know when I aimed at 148, it is a 16 elevation and my dish is a little lower than that.

For some reason I could not get the the settings to come up on the 811 under peak angles. So I went to E* WEB site.

My brother come over and help me. I just called and confirmed what the settings show.

When I say the elevation is 42 I am talking about the
front edge of the bolt being at 40.

The azimuth is more like 122.

Im an RVer and a Dish retailer in Carson City told me 4 years ago to set my elevation 3 degrees higher than what is posted.It works great and get the highest numbers of reception.

interesting thought tripod

But in my case, I made it lower to get better results :)

(I guess its a case by case basis)

I need to swap my mounting locations,
the single dish pro @ 148 is to low for LOS @ 61.5 (So Cal)
The dual for 110 & 119 is higher & has clean LOS to 61.5, is skew fairly easy to set?
Dish did the install so I haven't seen the marking on the mounts.
Since I'm just swaping dishes the skew and elevation adjustments on the dual dish should remain fairly close if the mounting poles are true....correct.
I'm not to concerned about resetting the single to 61.5, I've installed several systems a few years ago when you just has to hit one bird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)