How do I receive a Wireless Cable Video Signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

APone

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
:( Is there a way that I can receive the cable video signal wirelessly to my television? I've split the cable that comes from the wall that goes to my tv and cable modem. When I do this the cable signal always drops from the modem. Still able to view tv. When I have to have a direct connection to the modem I'm OK. I've had the cable company (Charter) to boost the signal on the line for the modem. Still drops when the cable is split. Any suggests out there?

Are there any other splits in your home? If that is the only one in line and you lose signal to either device, then you should ask the Cable co to boost the signal to your home. Just as a test reverse the connections from the splitter to the TV and Modem
(see if the modem still doesn't see the Down stream signal), You could have a very lossy splitter but more than likely increasing the power into your home will do the trick.

The main cable that comes into the house is split to all the rooms in my room which are quite a few. I've used a cable booster which doesn't work to no avail. I will try and test by reversing the connections for the splitter and see what that does. Thanks...

From your symptoms it seems like you have low power, The test I suggested will only rule out a bad cable or splitter port. If you can find the other splitter check all the connections (tighten them) and terminate any unused ones.
When you tried an amplifier where did you put it? Was that amplifier a 2 way design it needs to be to allow the modem signal to flow out (upstream).
On your modem do you have an upstream or downstream, neither, both. (look at the LED's on the front of the modem)?
Try these things and let me know what happens!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts