How do I stop the screen saver on a 722K recevier??

WB8GRS

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
Hi All,

I have a 722K recevier. How do you stop the attached screen saver from coming on after several hours of no remote control activity? I assume there is an option, but can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• screensaver.jpg
    screensaver.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 2,875
Menu select preferences and them inactivity standby and so on....

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I have the inactivity stadby disabled already, but the screen saver keeps turning on. Am I doing something wrong?

Even if you have the inactivity deactivated, the box will still perform its "Daily Update" system check (essentially a re-boot, short diagnostic, check for latest firmware, and download of guide data, each day at either the default 3AM time or any other time that you chose, but you cannot deactivate this feature. After the "Daily Update" completes, the box will display the screen saver.

The only workaround on this is to set an "Auto Tune" timer for about 10-15 minutes after the scheduled "Daily Update" for the box to return to displaying video. If there is a DVR timer set to record at or during the time for "Daily Update,s" The "Daily Updates" will be canceled/postponed so that you will not miss a recording.

Even if you have the inactivity deactivated, the box will still perform its "Daily Update" system check (essentially a re-boot, short diagnostic, check for latest firmware, and download of guide data, each day at either the default 3AM time or any other time that you chose, but you cannot deactivate this feature. After the "Daily Update" completes, the box will display the screen saver.

The only workaround on this is to set an "Auto Tune" timer for about 10-15 minutes after the scheduled "Daily Update" for the box to return to displaying video. If there is a DVR timer set to record at or during the time for "Daily Update,s" The "Daily Updates" will be canceled/postponed so that you will not miss a recording.
That explains why I didn't have that problem this morning. For years, with Primestar, DirecTV, and various cableco's, the TV coming on has acted as our alarm clock. Had Dish installed Monday, and Tuesday morning a nice quiet screensaver came on. Last night I figured out how to deactivate it, and also set an "Auto Tune" timer for our preferred wake up program. Came on like I wanted it to. Glad I hit the right combination right out of the box. :)

What are you trying to achieve? That might help us help you.

Hi, and thanks for your question.

I have two 722K receviers. I have TV2 from each recevier connected to my homes video distribution system so I can view these two channels from any of my 9 TV's in our home. One 722 TV 2 is selected to the speed channel and the second 722 TV2 is selected to the weather channel. Now from any TV in our home I can watch either of these channel at anytime without needing a dish remote control nearby. The problem is, the screen saver prevents this and forces someone to click the select button to get the video back. It never seems to fail that when I want to check the weather or watch the speed channel I'm never in a room with a dish remote control and the screen saver is on. I just assume there should be a way to prevent the screen saver from turning on. My older 301 did not ave a screen saver and it worked great for the function I described above.

Thanks!

Hi and thanks I'll give this a try!...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)