How do I switch signals & Location of box

bayzbol44

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Carpentersville, IL
So I have 4 TVs and 2 receivers. Currently, I have 1 receiver going to the basement and office. The other receiver is setup in family room and feeding to bedroom. The receiver in the office, I want to switch the location to my bedroom and then have the TV2 signal going to the basement. Then I would have my family room receiver's TV2 signal going to the office. Is this possible to do? Easy or hard? Is this something I would have to pay an installer to do? I am not very technical or handy with moving the wires out of walls and stuff, if that is necessary.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

I don't want to put too much money into it, because I am out of here once my contract is up to go back to DirecTV due to MLB Network.

It could be very easy. The lines going to the TV2 rooms - are the ran directly from the receivers to the rooms are did the installer use diplexers? If there is only 1 line run to the receiver from outside then diplexers where used and the swapping of everything will be easy. If he ran lines directly then from the receivers to the TV2 rooms, then it will be at little more complicated, but not too hard.

Basically, if all of the wires in your house where pulled to one location and he hooked everying up in 1 place using diplexers (that look like splitters) then this will be very easy.

TJ - The wires are coming from outside/basement on the TV2s. Nothing is going from receiver to receiver. I have "splitters" or diplexers in the basement where the wires are coming from.

Do I just determine which wire is going where and then switch where they are "splitting" from? Do I have to do anything on box/setup?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)