How do I turn off PIP using one of the Tuners?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
HWS has 4 tuners right? 5 if you have the OTA adapter.

But one of them is ALWAYS shown as being used up on watching PIP. I never watch PIP so I've effectively lost a tuner.

I've looked everywhere, but I can find a way to turn off the PIP function. I can close the PIP screen but the RED button still shows that it's watching PIP.

I'd love to get the tuners back that they promised us. Is it so buried in Settting (like turn PIP function off) so deep that I can't find it?

Thanks,
BW

The HWS has 3 tuners, not 4, 4 with the OTA Adapter. Don't worry about the PIP, if you need that tuner on any of the Joeys or to record on the Hopper, it will just change the channel without your doing anything.....

Ok great thanks, I was just looking at my RED screen and it showed:

2 available
1 watching PIP
3 Lines of PTAT
And 1 line of OTA available.

You are not losing a tuner at all. The Hopper will use a tuner that's available for PIP at all times. When another device needs a tuner it will become available for it automatically..

Even when you are actually using PiP, Joeys/recordings will take over the PiP tuner.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Right. Don't even bother thinking about it, anymore. It takes care of itself. No loss of any tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)