How do those junky Lava antennas get such terrible reviews yet accomplish such good feedback on ebay

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I bought two of those. Waste of money in my book. Both stated they weren't "Made in China" copies, yet it says on the plug that they are, and are made of very flimsy materials. I've had times where I would get signal from long distances from the first one I got, but that was rare, and the second one, no luck. How do these things get such positive feedback? Does anyone check the reviews first? And why doesn't ebay make a spot so you can post a review of a product? Or at least give you the option to wait a while before you post feedback?

As with any ebay item buyer beware. Reviews don't have to have an ounce of truth to them anyone can post. Feedback dosen't have to be posted immediately and most don't read anymore than the percentage. The old adage if it looks to good to be true is still true. Instead of complaining use common sense, accredited to PT Barnum"a fool and his money are soon parted". If you read the feedback questions they are primarily about the seller not the product sold.

Last edited:
I tried the Lava 2805 and found it's pretty good for UHF ONLY regardless of what they say. Forget about 100 miles or more but not bad the for 50 mile higher powered channels. You just cannot get around the fact that size matters alot for VHF.
I am in a "deep fringe" area and still wanted the antenna as small as possible. I bought the HD Stacker Antenna along with the Weingard 8780 Preamplifier from Denny's Antenna Service. It's about 70" long and I am getting ALL full powered stations that the antenna is aimed at 80 miles out. This is for both UHF and VHF-hi. I highly recommend this set up.

Just as Chinese factories have hundreds of laborers in the manufacturing operation, they may also have dozens of people filling out glowing reviews on their own products. There is a flip-side to this coin where competitors will post bad reviews of otherwise good products.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts