How do you access "Dish Unplugged" movies?

rdinkel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Woodland Park, Colorado
Was trying to find "Dish Unplugged" movies on one of our Hoppers today. But everything I selected started being downloaded via my Internet connection. Where are all those satellite downloaded movies?

You select what you want to view, then they download.
That's not correct according to the Dish news release, the OP is correct or at least what I thought it was.
rdinkel, if you are picking unplugged HBO or Cinemax shows (I don't see that selection) they should be instant as you are expecting. Has unplugged been implemented yet? Are you in BB or all movies section or "All TV Shows" where those are downloaded?

I went to "All TV Shows" and then to HBO. Picked Boardwalk empire, and it downloaded, for me in about 2 minutes but it did download. I'm thinking this is not the "Unplugged." I don't see where it is instant from the Satellite.

"In addition, a new feature called DISH Unplugged will make hundreds of HBO movies and TV shows available via satellite to the DISH DVR."

Last edited:
With the new software release reducing Dish's use of Hopper hard drives to half of what it was, I wonder if Dish is backing away from its plans to download so many movies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)