How do you cancel a dishonline download?

Charade

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
The help screen says just hit "edit" then "delete" but you can do that because when you hit "edit", "delete" is grayed out and it says only queue or failed downloads can be cancel.

If you are trying to delete a program you downloaded

DVR > 5 (Dish Online) > 1 (My Downloads) > Edit >

Highlight and select the program(s) you wish to delete. >

The Delete button will "light up". > Highlight and select Delete.

If you are trying to delete a program you downloaded

DVR > 5 (Dish Online) > 1 (My Downloads) > Edit >

Highlight and select the program(s) you wish to delete. >

The Delete button will "light up". > Highlight and select Delete.

I'm trying to stop a download that's in progress, not delete one that's already done downloading.

What would happen to the downloading if you reboot the receiver?

I came across this issue a couple of days ago. I started to download Caprica. After it started, it showed over 10 hours to download a 50 minute show. Tried to cancel and got the same you did. So I unplugged my home plug from internet. All that happened was it stopped the download then resumed after reconnect. Unless and until Dish can speed up this process, I probably won't use this feature, especially since we have Netflix and a Roku box. Guess you would have to try a reboot and see what it does.

I came across this issue a couple of days ago. I started to download Caprica. After it started, it showed over 10 hours to download a 50 minute show. Tried to cancel and got the same you did. So I unplugged my home plug from internet. All that happened was it stopped the download then resumed after reconnect. Unless and until Dish can speed up this process, I probably won't use this feature, especially since we have Netflix and a Roku box. Guess you would have to try a reboot and see what it does.

I had the EXACT same experience with Caprica. I saw how long it would take, tried to cancel, and couldn't. Disconnect from the "net, etc, etc..

I had to let it download completely, while it hogged all the bandwidth of my internet connection. After it finished (and I found out it was only part 1 of 3!). I deleted it.

You SHOULD be able to cancel downloads in progress. I won't be using it again, except for very short SD programs..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)