How do you feel about the Army/Navy Game?

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
This Saturday, in addition to the Missouri/Oklahoma and Florida/Alabama games, there is another big game: Army/Navy.

I know one team really sucks and the other is far superior, but that still is a meaningful game with great rivals and high emotion. (I rank it second on my list of huge rivalries, behind only Ohio State/Michigan).

I have read many articles about what this game is all about, and they really are good.

I always enjoy watching this game.

What are YOUR thoughts on Army/Navy?

I'm almost ashamed to say I never watch it. Ever. I've caught the pre-game pageantry, and have even been to home Army games over the years (just a gorgeous setting), but I don't watch the game.

Sandra

I have deep respect for the players and their service. As for the game I don't care so much. The pre game stuff is cool, watching two teams run the option on each other for 3 hours is pretty boring.

Army and Navy still play a game? I guess some people still call it a game. I am not sure that I have ever watch that game. It is pretty meaning less game except for the armed forces.

sorry...my beloved MN Duluth Bulldogs are in the DII semi-final of the PLAYOFFS (huh...maybe Di should do that too) at the same time on ESPN Classic

I think I'll watch that instead ;)

Eight uncles 3 marines and 5 in the army! Not counting cousins in the Navy or Air force!:D Very big in my family! Almost as Big as Red river shoot out!:hungry:

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Not so much the game, it's the traditional stuff I love. I wish my Dad was still here to watch it with me. We did that for probably 20 years. He rooted for Army, since he was a Purple Heart Veteran, I would root for Navy ( even though I was in the AF) just to fire hime up. We'd have a few beers and a good time. This will be my
12th one without him. I still watch and root for Navy, but man I miss him.

Anyway, that's why I look forward to it every year.

Since it's not the "Army/Air Force" game, I'll have to root for Navy, my dad was in the Navy.

Plus he was the one who told me not to join the Navy, but join the Air Force.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)