Status
Not open for further replies.

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Ok, new annoyance a "tweets" tab is now showing on the site. How do you get rid of the !@#@(#& thing? It has to be the worst idea ever to have a fixed tab that does not go away.

Not sure yet... The vBSEO guys are in there working... I dont want to touch anything in there while they are doing their work.

It would not be so bad if it did not cover up part of the posts, it sticks out into the page far enough that it covers part of the writing.

If one is already here why do you need tweets?

Again the VBSEO guys are working on the system (the tweets feature is one of the features built into the latest version of VBSEO.

Thanks for starting this thread. I came to the Op Ctr to post the exact same thing. Annoying. Looking forward to the VBSEO guys being done - and the "tweets" tab being done for, too.

Agreed, I came here to request the same thing. Glad it is being worked on.

Nice to see that it is gone! I still have not seen the usefullness of twitter. I guess I am just not that interested in minute by minute coverage.

I'm glad that this abomination disappeared before I saw it.

Yes, it was real tweet of Scott to get rid of it so quickly. :devil: :p

Couldn't resist.

I emailed them and asked them to kill it while they were working... gald to see they did it. :)

We have vbseo running again and they seem to have fixed it so its not using much server load. (Yippie!)

But the bad part is it broke the Mark Forums Read feature.

I am trying to fix it now.

Mark forums read seems to work, tweets are gone, site is responsive... All seems to be working well... Must be time to install an upgrade to break everything again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts