How do you guys move then.....

fish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2004
lease new equipment? I don't get it. For example. In order to lease a 622 or 722 that means that Dish has to come out and do an install. I am guessing that you guys purchase all of your equipment?

get everything installed... then call and tell them you moved... when they try to get someone to come install it... just either tell them there was already a dish there, you hooked it up and it works... or that you paid a local retailer to install everything for you

Request that the new receiver be sent to your billing address w/o an install.
OR, to be safe, change your service address to your billing address, and then change it back after the install.

Well, lets just say "Someone" has been a Dish customer for years. He could never see his Steelers. I'm just saying hypothetically of course. Then this someone moved. Now he wants to upgrade his old leased crappy 811 with a new 722. I, I mean this someone qualifies for a 722 but Dish says they must install it..which amounts to just adding a splitter to the line that currently feeds the 811 so the 722 can get it's 2 feeds. Something this "someone" can do himself in a matter of 3 minutes. Is there any way to convince Dish to let someone do this 3 minute install them self and have them send the 722 out?

Are you sure that someone has the right lnb's and/or switches to make the 722 happy? That's the first step that someone should make sure, to be on the safe side as that someone continues.

Are you sure that someone has the right lnb's and/or switches to make the 722 happy? That's the first step that someone should make sure, to be on the safe side as that someone continues.

Yes. Currently there are two HD recievers. An 811 and a 622 with Ext Hard Drive plus 2 non hd receivers. Fed by a Dish 500 plus getting all the necessary satellites and split with a dpp44. This someone would be replacing the 811.

btw, I'll cut the crap. I just got off the phone talking to somone from the Philippines. I am sick of this outsourcing.

No way you can do the upgrade without having them install it. The system will not let them do it. I tried, many times for the same upgrade.

You'll have to move back to your billing address, get the upgrade, then move back.

Believe me, it's a hassle, but that's one of the prices you pay for moving.

No way you can do the upgrade without having them install it. The system will not let them do it. I tried, many times for the same upgrade.

You'll have to move back to your billing address, get the upgrade, then move back.

Believe me, it's a hassle, but that's one of the prices you pay for moving.

I don't get it though. I move then schedule an upgrade. Aren't they going to see that I moved then I am trying to move back? In fact the whole thing makes no sense. Or is it that they just don't care? I mean can't they see records of moves in my account on their computers?

They don't care, people move somewhere, then move somewhere else the next day. CSRs don't care, they just process the information and schedule accordingly.

They don't care, people move somewhere, then move somewhere else the next day. CSRs don't care, they just process the information and schedule accordingly.

I'll probably give that a try but hate to do it in the middle of football season. Has anyone ever "moved" the day after they install?

Make sure 1st

If you are doing it to get HD locals make sure you are an area that you will be able to see the signal. I can get the HD LIL but can't get the SD LIL. Not that I care about the later. I can pick that stuff up off the OTA. I also get some of my HD locals OTA as well but not all. I'm in an area that NBC/FOX stations are SD digital. They won't likely change since the station is up for sale. to find out the sat spotbeams you will need to go tho the Echostar Knowledge base at DBSTalk.Com.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)