How do you like the new HD Channels

The New HD Programming Good or Bad and which is your favorite so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm happy with the new additions thus far. I'm suprised at how many people voted for the Science Channel (myself included) considering that it's on AT250. I thin it says a lot for the channel. FWIW Vs/Golf HD was mt second choice.

They're okay. I'm a movie buff so my preference is always for more movie channels. I'm looking forward to getting more of the premium movie channels in HD. I like nature and science programming too, but between the Discovery Theater, Nat Geo, and Equator channels, I was already getting enough of that to satisfy me.

I WANT SCI-FI in HD ! THis one channel would make me complete. Either that or simulcast Universal with the Sci FI channel. It really doesn't do much now with old movies I didn't really watch the first time -20 years ago. I think it would definately get ratings if it did a simulcast of the Sci Fi channel in hd.

my math may be off but that poll doesn't seem to operate within the 100% rule... According to my math it is up to 205.92%... lol am I missing something?

my math may be off but that poll doesn't seem to operate within the 100% rule... According to my math it is up to 205.92%... lol am I missing something?

You can pick more than one selection, so no, it is not supposed to add up to 100%. It does show you how much of % the voters have considered each selection.

They're okay. I'm a movie buff so my preference is always for more movie channels. I'm looking forward to getting more of the premium movie channels in HD. I like nature and science programming too, but between the Discovery Theater, Nat Geo, and Equator channels, I was already getting enough of that to satisfy me.
Me too! I want more Premium HD channels.I have all the premiums so I don't really care which ones,just start adding them.

Good Additions

The additions are nice to the line up. To bad MHD has one of the most obnoxious & loud ID's. Some one mentioned that the bug is to large. I don't think it is that large but they could have made one that was a lot more transparent.

I think the new hd channles are a great addition. I was a little worried when Scott said that the new channels had too much stech o vision but for the most part are good to watch. All four discovery channels have had at least some hd on it. As time goes by I am sure more and more hd will be broadcast.

I would say that out of the 6 new channels, only 2 of them have had REAL HD programs on them broadcasting in "somewhat true visual HD sense". Let me explain. On MHD it seems like it is truely in HD 100% of the time. The VS/Golf channel has only been in HD when they were showing the PGA tour on Thursday and Friday. As far as TLC, Discovery HD, Science Channel HD, and Animal Planet HD, they have yet to show "true Dish HD quality". Now I know some will argue that during their primetime shows that that is when you see their HD because it completely fills up your screen to 16x9 rather than 15x9. Well even watching Mythbusters or Built It bigger it looks good but it basically look like an SD upconverted signal. Now don't get me wrong, I would much prefer to watch the TLC HD channel than the TLC SD channel because the picture quality will be much more improved, but so far those 4 channels haven't had that WOW factor. I basically think Discovery Network channels has just decided to upconvert their BIG primetime shows for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)