How do you make sure that you don't get a DVD-R when ordering a DVD online?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Okay, I ordered a bunch of Christmas DVDs and Blu-rays, and I'm going to get some VHS's too (possibly even Laserdisc ones if there are any that interest me), even after the season is over. It's annoying that the Postal Service is SO SLOW RIGHT NOW, and the Informed Delivery app and website has been down lots lately! But anyways, on to my subject. One of the DVDs that arrived today, although I played it and seemed fine, I eventually discovered the dreaded "DVD-R" on it. The only times I buy anything that's not licensed is when THERE WILL NEVER BE a licensed copy available. I would even take a licensed VHS or Laserdisc over an unlicensed DVD, Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D, or even a UHD Blu-ray. (But as far as a I know I haven't heard of any unlicensed Blu-ray 3Ds nor UHD Blu-rays, but there's plenty unlicensed DVDs and Blu-rays). Anyways I bought my stuff on eBay and Amazon. The one that came today was from Amazon, but I am aware that eBay has people that sneakily sell them too. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to make sure I don't end up buying a DVD-R or BD-R by mistake? Don't say shop at a local store, because some things are no longer in production, so I can't get them there, only online.

I bought a DVD-R from Amazon a while back. It was clearly stated in the verbiage on the page that it was a DVD-R. Can you share with us the title of that particular one you received fro Amazon today....

I bought a DVD-R from Amazon a while back. It was clearly stated in the verbiage on the page that it was a DVD-R. Can you share with us the title of that particular one you received fro Amazon today....
I ordered Rankin/Bass TV Holiday Favorites on DVD. But I did a little research and found out that it was “manufactured on demand” so all of those copies are DVD-R, so I guess I’m all right.

Reactions: Larry1 and navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts