How do you "Slave" recievers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ziploc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 9, 2004
I currently have a budget pci tuner card (twinhan) and have motorized my dish with a motech sg2100 motor. The twinhan card has an extra connection to allow you to slave a receiver. Is it better to slave a receiver or slave the twinhan or does it really matter? What additional hardware is required?

I'm wanting to expand my free to air setup and simplify it so that my wife can use it. I'm looking for recommendations for a good cheap blind search capable receiver with diseqc/usals for finding satellites and scanning channels, that could potentially have assorted subscription services added to it.

Thanks!

You can do it a few ways
-Some receivers have an output for a second receiver
-you can get a high level splitter (5-2000) and split the signal.
-Get a Dual LNBF and replace your single LNBF with that

I personally have my C/KU band receiver "slaved" to my Pansat 1500 and will be hooking my other receiver via a Dual LNBF

The only problem is whatever satellite you're on, both receivers have to stay on that satellite.

As for receivers that do a blind search and run a motor, either the satworks 3688 or the Pansat 1500 would do both of these. If you need a price on the Satworks, hit Pete (PSB) up. He's an installer and a dealer of FTA stuff. (lurks on this board alot too :)) Does a real good job (installed my motor for me)

Once you install it and get the programming in it, its pretty easy to run...I just have to remember when I'm moving from AMC6 to G10, it takes a little bit for the motor to move it :D

According to the DMSI website the Satwork 3688 does not have USALS , I use the Satwork and BEC and they dont have USALS, just DiSEqc 1.2, but I think USALS would be a plus.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)