universal lnb no sig with channel Master

Status
Please reply by conversation.

reanimator

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2004
I have a channel Master 1007IFD and I can't get any signals on my hotdish 75 with a dual lnb. Why ?

Need a little more info

-Type of Reciever
-Location (general area)
-What are you trying to pick up?

Let's just say I can't get any signal anywhere with that signal meter. I live in South FL and I was trying to get any sat but first starting with AMC 5 which should be my True South sat. I have tried 13 volt and 18 volt and adjusted the gain. I have no problems with the DTV dishes and the appropriate sats.

You have the LO frequency as 10750, right?

If you're trying to get AMC5, try either 11742 V 11110 or 11808 H 4164. Those are the 2 strong signals on the satellite.

When tuning it, get to the general vicinity, turn it 1/4 inch and WAIT A COUPLE OF SECONDS....KU band is a little harder to tune in than DBS.

A universal LNBF will not work with a signal meter! You need to get your self a standard Ku band LNBF, it will not work with a universal LNB as the universal has a switch in it!

But I thought when you change the voltage on the signal meter you changed the frequency of the lnb or it switches to high or low

Thats how a regular standard LNBF works, but the universal also uses a tone of 22kHz to send a signal to the LNB!

A universal LNB works in two bands..............................................................

10.8 to 11.8 GHz and 11.6 to 12.7 GHz and has L.O.s of 9.75 and 10.60 GHz.

Band switching is done by a 22 KHz tone sent from the satellite receiver to the LNB.

With the tone on the L.O. is at 10.6 GHz, otherwise it is 9.75 GHz.

Polarization is controlled the same as in the regular standard LNB.

I found this out the hard way many moons ago, on a roof in the snow : ) I changed to a standard LNB and BANG there was the satellite!

so should I not even bother with this universal one or should I align the dish with one KU and then put the universal one back ?

Thats what I do use a standard LNB for pointing, then its just a swap over to the universal LNB, its a pain but it works.

If you only have universal LNB then you would have to use the on screen signal meter on the TV, remember you are looking for quality only signal strength means nothing.

ok I ordered it plus a disecq 4 way. Will it work ok if I use the swap method and with a sg2100 motor

Yes, it will work, you hook your meter to the LNB and never the motor, just to be clear. I bet you spent a lot of time trying : ( At least it was not snowing, the snow starts to melt here in Minnesota at this time of year : )

Yes a lot of time but I must say that I learned a lot too. I found it was either raining or the sun was beating down so hard that either way I did not want to stay outside much longer messing with a losing battle

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts