universal lnb no sig with channel Master

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was laughing coz I am a satellite installer and I have had to install in the worst of weather over the years, so cold that if you touch anything metal it sticks to your flesh! Four feet of snow where I have to dig my way up on a roof, then dig myself down. So hot that I am sliding down the roof as the shingle melts under foot! Good luck tomorrow :)

reanimator-PSB lives about 25 miles from me in MN, so he probably did an install the day it was 95 out :)

yeah they both came today so I will jump on up the ladder soon but I do have to coach my sons football team tonight so I am not sure how much I will get done

I am about four degrees east of the zero line so would that put me at 184 deg or 176 deg to set to true north ?

I was just trying to picture it in my head. So according to my azimuth calculator the true north Sat is AMC 5 and that would put me about 177.4 So I would use the motor to get that ? Then I try to use the motor to achieve my far east sat and my far west sat to finalize my dish settings or alignments ?

Your true south (or the closest to it) is Nimiq2 at 82 (which is a DBS satellite at 181.3)
AMC5 is at 174. Your true south is where the motor would be at its highest. Everything else is lower than that.
Once you get the true south, everything usually falls into place

Where the hell is Pete (PSB) when you need him?? :D:D

ok I will look for that one. I had it with my 18" dish but never with my hotdish and motor.

reanimator said:
ok I will look for that one. I had it with my 18" dish but never with my hotdish and motor.

Hook up your hotdish and use the DBS LNB (the one from the 18) to fin Nimiq2. Then replace it with the KU LNBF

hmmm well I was gonna use the Ku lnb to find nimiq 2 and the put my universal lnb back in. Wasn't that the reason for getting the Ku lnb ?

You said your true south was AMC 5, so you would need a standard ku band LNB to use a signal meter to point your dish at that satellite. Now Tony said your true south is Nimiq2 (dbs) so you would use a dbs lnb for pointing to true south, I cant remember if anyone worked out your true south from your zip. code lat/long! Anyway you will need a ku LNB to make sure all the other ku band satellites are lined up, the last thing you do will be to put on the universal when you are happy that you have the ku band ark perfectly, everyone needs a spare LNB, and a standard LNB is like part of a signal meter you will use it again and again........now you have the bug : )

I think every one is getting mixed up, your true south satellite is still AMC-5 then, your magnetic deviation does not change that, it just changes where you point to find it, so you do indeed need a ku band LNB to point to your true south satellite at
AMC 5
Total elevation=59.6 deg.
Motor elevation=64 deg.
Distance to AMC-5=36550km

So aim for AMC 5 at 180deg on your compass +or- your magnetic deviation, sorry for the mix up!

Of course no problem. I appreciate all the help and I feel I am making progress. I set my dish to 184 and then rotated the motor a couple deg. I peaked out at a signal with the Ku lnb that is digital ready and then rotated it to the west and found several strong signals until the sg2100 was maxed at 80 then I went to the east with it but noticed that most of those sats were weaker in sig strength At least once I got 20 + on the sg2100 in the east dir but I was still obtaining signals

I enjoy helping, you cant be far away then : ) If you are going to try again with the above angles put the motor back to "0" set set the dish and the motor all in line pointing straight ahead, then do not motor but turn the motor dish and all by hand left and right until you hit AMC5, peak in clamp up and you should be don't, there may be some minor tweaking to be done, but I have been lucky so far,every time I check it its still good.

I am trying to move the dish motor with mytheatre but it does not seem to move it but I can do it manually and the light is steady green

I dont know much yet about mytheatre Cascade is your man there, the light just means you are getting power to the motor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)