How do you think Iverson will do in Philly this time?

SandraC

On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
I see a bump in team offense, buzz, and possibly a few extra wins at the start of Iverson's return to Cheese Steak land. I suppose a franchise that has less publicity than the 0-18 Nets (because they're not 0-18!) will do anything to make themselves relevant again, but this is a deal with you-know-who.

Once the inevitability of the long season starts to set in, there will come a time when the fool's gold that is always Allen Iverson will turn back into what it really is. And it won't be pretty. It never is with Iverson.

Back to the old stomping grounds for a guy who has a reputation for liking the nightlife a little too much? Oh my. Back to the scene of his glory days, where he was once he face of the franchise? Good luck with that.

They will not be making the playoffs even if he does return to a semblance of his former self, so at some point they will be asking him to do less. Perhaps a little bit less, perhaps a lot less...but definitely less.

And then it could get ugly. It's Iverson...and history tends to repeat itself.

Sandra

It'll go fine as long as the Sixers don't expect Iverson to practice, pass the ball or come off the bench.

People don't remember this, but when Dennis Johnson was taking and missing a lot of big shots, he was quoted in Sports Illustrated as saying, "I'm a 40% shooter. That's what I am. For me to get any better than that at this stage in my career, I'd have to spend the off season working on my shooting. I've got better things to do with my off season than work on my shooting. I can make business deals that will last for all my life." When a guy is the fourth bananna on a championship team, it is possible to overlook something like that.

And just think...with ALL practice he didn't do...he was one of the better players in the league. I mean seriously folks....just say you don't like him and leave it at that..... He is still one of the toughest player for his size to ever play the game. And like a said, a damn good player too!

It'll go fine as long as the Sixers don't expect Iverson to practice, pass the ball or come off the bench.

Or make the team better.

No coincidence that as soon as AI departed Denver that Melo's game took off and so did the Nuggets as a team.

Iverson's that rare breed both a Coach and team killer.

Did anyone hear Iverson crying at his press conference yesterday in Philly, because he's so happy to be back? You have got to be kidding me...:rolleyes:

Sandra

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9FNRvl_ZRjw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9FNRvl_ZRjw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Did anyone hear Iverson crying at his press conference yesterday in Philly, because he's so happy to be back? You have got to be kidding me...:rolleyes:

Sandra

Allen Iverson is THE Master of Press Conferences...

iverson_381.jpg

He could be emotional for alot of reasons....for 1) this is his last contract...hard for ANY pro athlete with the swagger this guy had to finally realize....that this is it. 2) He get's to finish his career with the team that origianlly signed him....a team he thought he was gonna retire for before he was traded. And 3) he is an emotional guy.
He YOU prove those were fake tears....Like I said, it much easier to just say you do like like than perpetrate a lie and pretend that you really give a ratz a$$ about what you are saying about him.

I will be the 1st one to tell you that I like him AS A PLAYER....I cannot say as a person because I do not know him..... but unlike alot of you, I KNOW he has faults as a team player, both on and off the court. Look at Larry Brown, NO COACH fought tooth and nail with him more he did. NO ONE criticized him more than he did....and in the end, no one stuck up for him.

Look at Larry Brown, NO COACH fought tooth and nail with him more he did. NO ONE criticized him more than he did....and in the end, no one stuck up for him.

Not true, Larry Brown did stick up for him. Last week he said Iverson can still contribute in this league. Just not for his team, of course...;)

Some things aren't worth the trouble...

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts