How does 921 handle OTA HD feeds?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

macagent

Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Hello,

I currently have a 522 and am considering moving up to the 921.

I use a separate Samsung decoder for my OTA HD signals from Atlanta, works great.

With the 921, how does it deal with my antenna/OTA input?

Does is record/play/pause live OTA programs?

Will the second TV hooked up to the DVR be able to see the OTA programs?

Any help would be very helpful. Or point me to a thread that has already hashed this out would be good too :)

It has an OTA tuner just like the samsung (well probably not just like it :) )

Yes it "can" record/play/pause live OTA

Umm, there is no second TV hook up for the 921.

Well, you can have a second TV hooked up via the RF (ch 3-4) connection. It will display any and all channels you can receive. It's important to note the SD and HD outputs aren't simultaneous.

The DVR functions will not work on the OTA analog channels, but will on the DTV broadcasts.

The OTA input seamlessly integrates the OTA channels into the SAT receiver. They appear just as other channel choices.

FWIW, I am in Marietta, and have 2 921s. I can receive all the Digital stations using an in-attic VHF/UHF antenna from Radio Shack. You can pause/record all of them fine. The biggest issue right now is the 921 doesn't have OTA guide (it is rumored to be coming in the next release), so to record you have to setup a manual timer for each show you want to record. A little hassle but the recording works fine.

The 921 seems to be pretty good with multipath also. I had a 6000 and then an 811. The OTA tuner in the 921 is much better (for me in Marietta near Sweat Mountain) than the 811 or the 6000.

Sam

I still have a few Digital OTA channels that DVR functions won't work on like the ABC affiliate WPLG 10 in Miami. Other than that it works great

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts