How does one ground an OTA antenna?

If you go to the channel master website they've got a comprehensive pdf on installing and grounding an off-air antenna.

The entire antenna system should be grounded to help reduce the possibility of lightning damage. The coax cable should be grounded just before it enters the building with a coax cable ground block. To properly ground the coax cable, the coax should be cut right before it enters the building and two weather boots and coax connectors should be placed over the cables. Then both ends of the coax will be connected to the ground block.

The antenna mast should be grounded using #10 gauge solid copper wire. Both the coax cable and the antenna mast should be attached the building grounding electrode or grounding rod to meet the National Electric Code (N.E.C.).

Anyway, this is how I grounded my antenna:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=153846&postcount=176

Thanks for the info. I will have to check with Channel Master and that site to see how I have to do this. Winter will be coming VERY soon her in NY and I might just ground it when everything thaws in Spring. No thunderstorms in winter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)