How does one know if 722 is dead

bsk116

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
Too frikin far north
Zero issues for about three years, now when I switch my Yamaha avr to satellite input the screen is static and intermittent flashes. My PS3 input works fine, did not check blu ray input but think that is OK as well. Also the 211K upstairs works fine. I did unplug for 10 seconds, and numerous reboots. Suggestions? I cannot access menu nor can I see any codes.

Zero issues for about three years, now when I switch my Yamaha avr to satellite input the screen is static and intermittent flashes. My PS3 input works fine, did not check blu ray input but think that is OK as well. Also the 211K upstairs works fine. I did unplug for 10 seconds, and numerous reboots. Suggestions? I cannot access menu nor can I see any codes.

Very possible that the hdmi output of the 722 has failed.Try bypassing the avr via component or composite.You could also try another hdmi cable to be sure.

Very possible that the hdmi output of the 722 has failed.Try bypassing the avr via component or composite.You could also try another hdmi cable to be sure.

You are correct Teehar, the hdmi output of the 722 has failed. I tried anew hdmi cable with no results, then tried component cables directly from 722 to tv and there is a picture.
I haven't followed this site in a while, so now before I call dish, I need to find out my best options as I am out of contract.
The last I knew, the hopper system would cost more per month than my current 722/211K setup.
Can anybody make a suggestion before I start researching this forum? Replace with another 722? Will I need to agree to a new 2 year agreement?
Thanks for any/all suggestions

Replacing the receiver will only cost you $17 for shipping. No extension of the contract. I've replaced my 722 several times. Either do an on line chat or call.

Thanks guys, I also just remembered I'm one of the few people (according to dish) who enjoy's watching compression free HD local channels:D, which I understand is still NOT available in the hopper system.:deadhorse:

You are correct Teehar, the hdmi output of the 722 has failed. I tried anew hdmi cable with no results, then tried component cables directly from 722 to tv and there is a picture.
I haven't followed this site in a while, so now before I call dish, I need to find out my best options as I am out of contract.
The last I knew, the hopper system would cost more per month than my current 722/211K setup.
Can anybody make a suggestion before I start researching this forum? Replace with another 722? Will I need to agree to a new 2 year agreement?
Thanks for any/all suggestions

Imo it would be your best option to contact one of the Dirt members here on the site.They will help you determine what would be the best least expensive option.

Imo it would be your best option to contact one of the Dirt members here on the site.They will help you determine what would be the best least expensive option.

Thanks, just finished with chat. They are sending me a new (?) 722K. $15 for s/h. They would waive the $15 shipping charge if I signed up for for insurance @$7 month. Why would I want to pay to insure their receiver that I lease??? No mention of new 24 month contract, so I printed out the chat in case they try. Teehar, in case you didn't see my last post, no hopper for me until OTA is available. Looks like the hopper system is a nightmare from my limited reading anyway.

Thanks, just finished with chat. They are sending me a new (?) 722K. $15 for s/h. They would waive the $15 shipping charge if I signed up for for insurance @$7 month. Why would I want to pay to insure their receiver that I lease??? No mention of new 24 month contract, so I printed out the chat in case they try. Teehar, in case you didn't see my last post, no hopper for me until OTA is available. Looks like the hopper system is a nightmare from my limited reading anyway.

Good deal.I recently canned the protection plan after carrying it for yrs,because they raised the rate and,we didn't use it that much.You can carry for 3mos I believe and cancel with no penalty but it's still cheaper to pay the $15 one time fee.I also don't blame you for not going with a hopper due to no ota.They said they would have it sometime this summer but summer is pretty much gone.Hopefully they can add it before the yr is over.Anyway a 722 and 211 are nice and have ota support.

Teehar said:
Good deal.I recently canned the protection plan after carrying it for yrs,because they raised the rate and,we didn't use it that much.You can carry for 3mos I believe and cancel with no penalty but it's still cheaper to pay the $15 one time fee.I also don't blame you for not going with a hopper due to no ota.They said they would have it sometime this summer but summer is pretty much gone.Hopefully they can add it before the yr is over.Anyway a 722 and 211 are nice and have ota support.

I thought they did away with the cancellation fee when the protection plan went up to 7 bucks.

bsk116 said:

The protection plan covers more than just the reciever, it also decreases the amout on service fee in a tech comes out.

I thought they did away with the cancellation fee when the protection plan went up to 7 bucks.

I could be wrong but I think he is talking about the $15.00 shipping/handling fee
The protection plan recently went up from $6 to $7 a month, and at that time they waived the requirement to keep it for 4 months before canceling. Now (last month I think) they reinstated the requirement, otherwise you are charged a $25 cancellation fee before the 4 months is up.

The protection plan recently went up from $6 to $7 a month, and at that time they waived the requirement to keep it for 4 months before canceling. Now (last month I think) they reinstated the requirement, otherwise you are charged a $25 cancellation fee before the 4 months is up.

Yep that's what I was referring to.I'm not even sure what the requirement currently is on the protection plan.It seems to change very often.

Thanks guys, I also just remembered I'm one of the few people (according to dish) who enjoy's watching compression free HD local channels:D, which I understand is still NOT available in the hopper system.:deadhorse:

Technically, ALL ATSC transmissions have some compression. It's the nature of the beast. But yes, OTA can be the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts