How does the agile modulator work on the 322/522?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ace

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
San Jose, Ca.
Could someone be so kind as to explain to this dummy how to hook up a 322 or 522 to a second TV. Would this be done by the installer? I looked at the back of a 322/522 and for the second TV there are composite outputs and 1 other output, which I assume is the agile modulator output. It seems to me that the agile output has to be hooked into some kind of adapter or something. Can someone shed some light on this. Thanks.

There is a second coax output on the back of the box marked TV 2, you run a coax from this output to your second TV.

This Agile modulator also kicks out 10db signal so you can run that 2nd TV quite aways away from the 322/522.

And you can select which channel you want the second TV output to output to, it does not have to be channel 3 or 4, it can be on any channel your TV can pick up. :)

No additional box is needed this agile tuner is built in.

Scott Greczkowski said:
There is a second coax output on the back of the box marked TV 2, you run a coax from this output to your second TV.

Would it have to be a straight run to the 2nd TV, or could it just be into an unused splitter tap of your existing whole-house VHF/UHF/CATV wiring (selecting an unused channel, of course) thus any TV in any room could pick up the 2nd output from the 522?

I know 'transmitting' into one of the output taps on a splitter isn't ideal, but it should work, no? Combiners for channel 3 or 4 are somewhat common, but getting one for j-random UHF channel would be a bit harder methinks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)