How does Verizon handle refunds (billing error)?

meathead76

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
Razorback Football
for some reason my phone kept dialing to the data and my bill came up to over $326 :eek: anyhow I called them over the weekend and they corrected the billing mistake but the online bill is still the incorrect amount. So does Verizon correct the bill or force me to pay it then send me a refund? The CSR I talked to contacted the billing department so I'm just wondering if the correction will take a while of if I should call back.

BTW I've locked my data in the phone setting so hopefully I won't see a repeat of this

Try dialing "#bal" and see what amount is shows in the text message it will send back. I've gotten credits (smaller amounts) before and somewhere internally at VZW, you can obtain the 'current' and updated information. Like mdram says, the online amount may not update continuously.

Verizon will not send a refund if you over pay them. my $.02

That was my experience. MY father had Verizon and one indicator of his Alzheimer's disease early on is he paid his Verizon phone bill 4 times in the same month. When I took over Dad's affairs, I tried to get him a refund and they said since he was on an annual contract we should just consider the bill paid up with a prepaid credit. If I wanted to cancel the service they would issue a refund check for the account balance. It wasn't worth the trouble fighting over it so I just let it ride. I had bigger issues weighing in on me at the time.

Look at it this way: You've paid AHEAD on your Verizon bill.

Your next bill will be "x" dollars, they'll apply "x" credit, and the amount due will be $0.00. Repeat until you use up the $271.

#1 If your on auto-pay then call and remove it immediatly, or if its not too much of a hassle, cancel your credit card.

#2 Wait till the bill comes in the mail, and decide what your going to pay

#3 The bill should be fixed when you get the following months bill in the mail.

If you got the money to over pay the bill, then I would just leave it alone and let it roll over as a credit on the following month bill. Its just not worth calling these idiots and arguing with them to get it reversed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts