How Easy is it To Change your Service Address?

guffy1 said:
Yes, you can get Atlanta HD locals if you move your service address to Atlanta..

Depending on where you live you could have problems seeing the 129 satt though..

East Coast and Pacific NW I believe are the problem areas for 129..

i actually live in Columbus GA 31909 and its right on the border of alabama

ok i'm just a strait noob at this spotbeam stuff...

I could use my friends address in atlanta for my service address. I live in columbus ga. If i do this will i be able to pick up the atlanta locals like fox, abc, cbs and nbc in HD?

If not I could also use My grandmothers address in Macon Ga

so what is the difference between spotbeam and conus?

i ordered the HD platinum package from dish network. they said i would receive all the HD channels listed on the website but on sat 110 it only has a few.

so wil i be put on sat 129?

If not how can i change that?

I am a D* Subscriber, and here is what I did.

I "moved" to a small town in western Maine, (I forget the name of the town, and Zip code, but could look it up). I moved there to assist my elderly mother for three months while she gets back on her feet after a hip replacement. ;)

This town can not recieve any locals from D*, so it instantly qualifies for National Networks from New York, and L.A. The CSR types in my Maine zip code, and says she will submit waivers for me to the New York Stations, and it comes back to her instantly on the phone with me, that I qualify. I tell her to sign me up for only the HD locals fomr New York, and not the SD locals, and know that it will cost me $1.50 more per month, per channel. They also remove my home locals. My billing address remains the same, and I told them that I already installed all my own equipment before asking for them to change my service address.

The next day, I call back and tell them that I cannot live without my local RSN, and would rather have my home locals back so that I can watch my local RSN. They tell me to allow them to change my service address back to my regular home address, and it will be done. I aknowledge that is what I want, and instantly it was done. My New York HD networks are still live. The only reason I think that this worked is because the waivers stick to the account, and not the service address. So no matter where I move, my account has waivers for Distant HD Networks.

I do not know if this will work on the E* side of the fence, but it is worth a try.

If you're close enough to the local stations, the HD recievers will pull them in OTA and integrate them into the guide. Should be seemless to her. I do it with Baltimore locals.

I get both , my locals over the ota antenna and my Hd locals from Houston. I even get guide information for my ota locals . The best of both.

So even if you "move" to an address that does not currently have local channels you still have to have waivers submitted unless that local market does not offer that network station?

i'm sorry that I didn't explain...I live in rural alabama and there is a snowball's chance in hades that I could pick up any birmingham stations OTA in HD (thus me wanting to "move" to Atlanta)

so, i have to choose one or the other

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts