How far does "free upgrade" go ?

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
On July 23 I had Dish out to upgrade my two 811's to two 211's, and my dish 500 to a 1000. The problem is, now the dish won't pick up sat. 129, so numerous channels won't come in. I was told they would have to move the dish or I would need to cut down a neighbor's dead tree. Anyway, they're coming back out Thursday. What I would like to do is add onto my existing pole to raise dish. My second choice would be a fascia mount. If they do either of these, will they charge me? I'm waiting to hear back from Dish about this. My stance with Dish is that this problem stems from them making me upgrade the receivers and dish. That was not my choice. Thanks.

if the installer went ahead and put up a new dish during your conversion, and that dish did not have line of site for all required sats then:

a: he was wrong in even doing it and

b: you were wrong in accepting it.

call dish and set up a trouble call.

Like I said, they're coming back Thursday. The person on the phone didn't know if I'd be charged. He said it's up to the tech that comes out. That made no sense to me, that's why I E-mailed Dish(still waiting for their response).

they should should do either of the ones that you want, they should not have left the job w/out you having the service from 129 or 61.5 even if it meant getting a 2nd dish for 61.5. you shouldn't have to pay any thing in a forced upgrade...I know I would waive any cost for you if this was on my screen...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts