How far south can Shaw Direct go?

thetaz

Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
los angeles
Hi,
I'm planning to spend some extended time in St. Martin and would like to have my Shaw Direct with me. An installer in Florida does not think it will work given I'm too far south. He said that Cuba is about as far south as you can go and need a large dish. Can someone tell me whether Shaw Direct will operate from St. Martin and confirm minimum or optimal equipment requirements?
Best regards,
thetaz

shaw direct will definitely will not work on sxm. you can google the Ku footprint maps for Anik F1R and F2 and see for yourself

Options?

Does anyone know my options for St. Martin (SXM) in terms of satellite providers? I have no television and feel isolated from the world. I'm on a small dutch island a few miles away from SXM. To make matters worse, the internet connection is extremely slow. I can barely have a clear phone conversation using VoIP. I doubt using the internet for television is an option. Any suggestions are most welcome.

where are you going? Saba? regardless, most islands in the caribbean also have cable service that includes major US networks; some places also have CBC and CTV. but if you are on a really small island, your only option may be direct tv which has a caribbean service.

Yes, I'm in Saba. Very surprised that anyone knows about this island... it has fewer than 1,000 people living on the island. Thank you for the information - I will look into direct TV. To overcome being bored, I scuba dive frequently. Direct TV will be a cost savings measure to my scuba-diction. LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts