how fast does E* DVR change

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

meldar_b

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
Floyd Co. Kentucky
I will be getting E* in about 2 weeks (I'm moving this Tuesday and will be installing E* a week later) ;) I was wondering how fast someone can channel surf using the E* DVR. with my Charter Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8000 DVR the channel surfing was pretty slow going and sometimes the whole Charter DVR would freeze and needed to reboot (I had to turn the junk DVR back in to Charter). Is this a problem with E* DVR??? or should just get a standard receiver and just use a DVD-RW to record my shows:eek:

Last edited:
Well first you need to find out what you are leasing just to be a smart customer. DISH has made 522/625/721/921/942/622 dual tuner DVRs. Currently under the lease you could get a 522(probably refurbished) a 625 new or refurbished or for HDTV a 622 new or refurbished. With the leasing of receivers they are like cable companies in recycling their receivers that come off existing leases. Because DISH owns the receiver they don't need to provide "NEW" units.

if you are just getting a standard receivers you should be getting a 625. In my personal opinion it "channel surfs" the same speed the non-dvr recievers do.
There is still a second or two delay between the picture showing up, so if it bothers you that much there are other options. You can either open up the guide (there is a little window so you can still see what you are watching) and surf that way, or you can make a see thru banner come up at the bottom of the screen and you can see whats on the other channels from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)