How frequently is your own programing updated?

david13579

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
NY
My service reverted to basic service because we missed 2 payments and when I finally paid this afternoon and waited about then minutes (about how long it usually takes for channels to get back) I found that that the receiver had overheated and then I disconnected it for a few hours. After connecting it back all the channels were still gone and even after ~30 more minutes they didn't return; I didn't know what to do but I finally got the idea of using Remote Access and set a program to record and when the recording schedule got updated finally all the channels returned.

If I had not done that, would the channels have returned on their own?

I can see why you have 6000+ posts, are they all that useless????

Some are even more useless :D

I have zero sympathy for people that can't pay their bills on time and have no desire to help them. I probably shouldn't have said anything, but that is one of my biggest pet peeves.

I thought it was very useful........:D

in today's economy many are having trouble paying there bills, I am glad you don't have that problem.....:angel:

in today's economy many are having trouble paying there bills, I am glad you don't have that problem.....:angel:
Agree, and the OP never once complained. He just wanted to know how long it took once he paid his bill how long it would take to get his service back.

Don't really see why he should be judged, He could have told E* F-U and left the oustanding bill.
E* isn't doing him any favors. If they were his sevrvice would have still been on.

The question wasn't really once I would get the service. A couple of months ago we missed a payment and the service was cut off too but after paying it returned in about 5 mins. The receiver was just not available this time to get the "service back" signal or whatever they send to give back all the channels. Since the receiver was overheated it didn't get any command. I finally fixed it by going online and setting a recording on one of the channels that was taken away; it fixed the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)