How I fixed my ABC problem in upstate SC

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
Years ago I received WLOS out of Asheville fairly well. That went to hell 3 years ago and I tried all sorts of things to get it back. I was using a antennacraft HUB55 with a channel master 7778 amp to four TV's in the house. I could get my full market minus he ABC affiliate. I could even get Charlotte market here. So I ordered a 8 bay extreme signal UHF antenna, and a deep fringe VHF high antenna along with a combiner from MCM electronics. I was planning on combining them and hope for the best. Well I put the VHF hi antenna together Thursday night and just for giggles I leaned it against the fence behind the garage and hooked up the coax. I did a scan and got 41 channels but WLOS was missing still. But the antenna impressed me sitting on the ground, so I decided before setting up my combo I would put it on the 25 foot mast with the 7778 amp. Well guess what? Even being VHF high I get my full market plus half of the Charlotte market across 4 TV's. I did not post a link to this $35 antenna because I am not sure it is allowed, but if Scott say,s OK or if you want to PM me I will provide it.

I am super new to this forum, so not familiar with the pm's, but would not mind learning more about this