how is bhn airing yankee games when they are suppose to be blacked out

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
i'm still curious for an answer here. those yankee games airing on yes (especially the early saturday afternoon games) are suppose to be blacked out per major league baseball's agreement with fox. only early afternoon games on saturday than can be broadcast are those in your local region. last time i checked we aren't anywhere near nyc. i have asked bhn employees to explain to me as maybe they were able to negotiate something in the contract. otherwise, you aren't suppose to get those games unless you sub to extra innings.

this is central florida. yes, i know george has tons of property in florida. but major league baseball sets the blackout rules not steinbrenner, unless he owns part of bhn because i;m sure he owns all or most of yes network.

I've been on the fence about getting the sports pack since they added more channels. After reading this, I just ordered it. I'll guess I'll find out in half an hour if they show the game on YES. If not, the extra sports channels in HD are still worth it.

yeah theyve been showing yankee games well ive noticed since they was playing toronto last weekend,,i thought it was a yankee classic game until i looked online and it was a live game

something is hincky here folks. anyhow, its nice to have the games but are you going to be pissed off when they get pulled?

i'm still curious for an answer here. those yankee games airing on yes (especially the early saturday afternoon games) are suppose to be blacked out per major league baseball's agreement with fox. only early afternoon games on saturday than can be broadcast are those in your local region. last time i checked we aren't anywhere near nyc. i have asked bhn employees to explain to me as maybe they were able to negotiate something in the contract. otherwise, you aren't suppose to get those games unless you sub to extra innings.

Well next time they give you the Mets or Rays games, and you can watch the real losers:D

I added the sports pack on Sunday morning. As soon as they stop showing the Yanks, I'll cancel the sports pack. For $3.99/month, I get to watch my team. I would have thought about getting the baseball package but BHN doesn't show the games in HD like Direct TV. I didn't want to pay almost $200 for a bunch of games not in HD. Between ESPN, MLBHD, Sunsports and all the others showing games in HD, I can't imagine paying for games that aren't. It's sooo hard to watch sports in standard def when you've been spoiled with hd.

understand but until bhn puts fs florida and sun sports on seperate hd channels, you aren't seeing all of the local games in hd. you mised a great cards - fish game last nite because bhn only showed rays - baltimore.

retired reporter says the longer bhn remains mute on this subject, the more it reeks of something fishy.

my guess is that steinbrenner either owns part of bhn, has significant stock in the company and/or is on bhn's boarde of directors. i don't think bhn is foolish enough to break mlb blackout rules.

I think BHN finally stopped showing the games. The game is on MLBHD right now and it is the YES broadcast. Their website shows that it is on live but we're getting Snoop Dogg on Centerstage :( It was a good week while it lasted. I knew it was too good to be true, but for a dollar or so it cost me for the sports pack it was worth it :)

yeah, i noticed the game wasn't on wednesday. but then maybe it wasn't on yes because mlb network was showing the feed. just a thought.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine (die hard Yank fan from Jersey) that I turned on to this little "blip" told me BHN stopped showing them. The game Wed wasn't even scheduled on MLB which was odd also. He turned on MLB for the heck of it and the game was on. It would be nice if we got the package in HD.

"HD DVR Service"

How does SA8300HD compare to the Moxi ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)