This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How is the PQ for Hartford Locals?

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
To those that have the Hartford,CT locals:

I am thinking about adding the locals to my programming package. The only thing holding me back is that I am afraid that the PQ will be poor. How is the PQ? Is it worth $5.99?

Its not bad, however on WVIT the sound and lips are about a spilt second off, making it annoying to watch.

Not too bad compared to the rest of the Dish SD channels. If you can't get locals with an antenna, the Dish locals are fine and I also notice lip sync problems with NBC_WVIT.

I put in an OTA antenna and get 5 or 6 digital channels that blow away all the Dish channels. Fox 61 digital OTA is sometimes bad (poor upconversion?), the rest are consistently stunning (ABC(WTNH),NBC(WVIT,WWLP),CBS(WFSB,),20(WTXX)) - if you can ignore the 811 IRD crushed black problem. PBS on 24 is analog and is a bit fuzzy. In fact, the analog OTA receiver in the 811 seems to be pretty bad, worse than the analog tuner in my sony TV by a long way.

Keith.

Thanks for the info Guys! Based on your comments, I added the Harford locals to my programming package last night. I agree that the PQ is "not bad" compared to the rest of the SD channels.

BTW, I was already paying $5.99/month for the Superstations; Dish allowed me to "bundle" the Locals with the Superstations for $8.99/month (so I am only paying $3.00 extra for the locals). Lately, it seems like this has been variable, with some reporting that they get the bundled price, while others do not. In my case, I just asked the CSR if I could have the bundled price, and he said "yes" without any hesitation. Also, the CSR was very curteoous, and did not even charge me a downgrade fee for switching my yearly programming package from AT180 to AT120.