How is "The Tube"?

Update for the Nashville,TN area

I tuned into "The Tube" a few minutes ago.The video portion of the programming looks much better today,alot better than I have ever seen it. :D The audio has always sounded good.It appears that WUXP-DT has increased their signal for this channel (30-2 on the channel guide in the mid TN area). :up :D

I've always thought the Tube looked good on 30-2. You should see the affiliate that broadcasts the channel in Huntsville, AL. That channel looks like a crappy internet stream because it is so compressed. I live in southern TN and can receive both channels. Whenever I want to watch the Tube, I always rotate my antenna to Nashville because I can't bear to hear the low quality sound and low quality picture that WAFF broadcasts.

lilyarbie said:
I've always thought the Tube looked good on 30-2. You should see the affiliate that broadcasts the channel in Huntsville, AL. That channel looks like a crappy internet stream because it is so compressed. I live in southern TN and can receive both channels. Whenever I want to watch the Tube, I always rotate my antenna to Nashville because I can't bear to hear the low quality sound and low quality picture that WAFF broadcasts.
Thanks for the reply lilyarbie.I agree with you about 30-2.The video and audio has been good since they started broadcasting the channel.For some reason,the video looks much better today than I have ever seen it.Maybe someone at 30-2 realizes that there are alot of people tuning into this channel and has enough brains about them to increase the signal,making for better audio and video,and perhaps draw more viewers to the channel.Whatever they're doing to it today,I know that I really like seeing the improvement in the PQ. :up :D As for my area,when I rotate the antenna,the only other channel we get is a PBS station in Cookeville (WCTE-DT channel 22-1),aside from the Nashville locals.

Widescreen said:
It's on right now. :up I just did a scan and 33-2 is showing The Tube (PSIP still shows "RADAR", but it's The Tube).

I've had it tuned in off and on today. I like it but the seems to be a good share of artifacts/pixelization. Hopefully they will get this worked out.. 33-2 DFW area

I feel deprived! We don't get The Tube here in the San Francisco Bay Area. Anyone have any info on if and when it's coming to a station here? Sounds like a great station.

Larry
SF

Here in Albuquerque you can get Tube on KASA-DT channel 2.2 or the real channel 27.2.

The picture looks fine just little overcompressed at times.

The signal is very strong and running at 280 KW ERP if I remembered right coming fron the Sandia Mountain at 10,600 feet, so anyone shoud be able to get this station 125 + or - miles at this ranges.:eek:

larrykenney, you can put in a word to the managers of your affiliates in the Bay area. I'm sure one of them will pick up the channel sooner or later due to the fact that the channel's popularity has since increased rapidly since they started multicasting in digital markets.

I've looked through the replies in this thread and it seems that no one has posted a link to their official site.So,I thought I would post it here. http://www.thetubetv.com It looks like they are still working on their website.It appears to me that they will be offering videos and other stuff for sale sometime soon. :)

ghia said:
I've had it tuned in off and on today. I like it but the seems to be a good share of artifacts/pixelization. Hopefully they will get this worked out.. 33-2 DFW area
I have a Dish 942 receiver and an Accurian HDTV receiver and both have picture breakups several times a minute despite a strong signal. Obviously the station has some work to do.

Widescreen said:
I have a Dish 942 receiver and an Accurian HDTV receiver and both have picture breakups several times a minute despite a strong signal. Obviously the station has some work to do.

33-2 dfw is much better today, still a few artifacts here and there but it looks much better!

KTLA-DT doesn't seem to be giving "The Tube" the bandwidth it needs. Video is often pixellated and looks worse than any Dish Network local channel feed. Channel 5.1 (main KTLA channel) always looks good though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)