How is this possible!!! MPEG 4 on 61.5!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

octpro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2005
I have a line of sight problem with the 129 Bird (0 signal strength). Had a Tech come out this morning to reinstall a second dish pointing at the 61.5 so I can pick up the basic VOOM channels until I can clear a path to the 129.

SO... I fire up the Vip211, check switch, etc and low and behold I start flipping through the channels and I'm somehow able to pick up the Mpeg 4 channels. Gameplay HD, Universal, ESPN 2, etc!!!

How is this possible? Are they mirroring those channels to the 61.5 now? Or are the just coming in at Mpeg2. I thought this line up was ONLY being held on the 129 Bird.

Thanks

octpro said:
I have a line of sight problem with the 129 Bird (0 signal strength). Had a Tech come out this morning to reinstall a second dish pointing at the 61.5 so I can pick up the basic VOOM channels until I can clear a path to the 129.

SO... I fire up the Vip211, check switch, etc and low and behold I start flipping through the channels and I'm somehow able to pick up the Mpeg 4 channels. Gameplay HD, Universal, ESPN 2, etc!!!

How is this possible? Are they mirroring those channels to the 61.5 now? Or are the just coming in at Mpeg2. I thought this line up was ONLY being held on the 129 Bird.

Thanks

My friend I think you have been listening to the CSR's just a bit much :). 129 and 61.5 are alike (for the most part). not everyone in the us can see the 129 bird, so they also have the 61.5 they have always been mirrored. The only people to say otherwise are dish csr's. welcome to satguys a wonderful world of knowledge!

stuart628 said:
My friend I think you have been listening to the CSR's just a bit much :). 129 and 61.5 are alike (for the most part). not everyone in the us can see the 129 bird, so they also have the 61.5 they have always been mirrored. The only people to say otherwise are dish csr's. welcome to satguys a wonderful world of knowledge!

Thanks guys! Yes CSR's were the blame! My life would have been so much easier had I know that from the jump. I should pay closer attention to this forum.

stone phillips420 said:
channels are mrrored from 129 and its still mpeg2/ fake mpeg 4

Is there a big difference between Mpeg2 VS Mpeg4 other than compression?

garys said:
The only thing you may not see could be you HD locals.

Haven't launched here yet (Pittsburgh, PA). However, I'm very happy with FREE OTA channels I get since i'm only about 8-12 miles away from the towers. 100% on everything except ABC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts