How long before cosidered a "NEW" Customer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mogack

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
I am wondering how long you have to wait after cancelling Dish services, to be considered a "NEW" customer and qualify for those promotions.

That is what I thought, I just see alot of people on here saying they will wait till they are a "NEW" Customer.

The virgin thing is funny though, Thanks

In my case, if I come back. The "new" account would be under my wife's name, with her SS. The same address does not matter. I know several people that have done the same just that and have been considered as "new" customers.

riffjim4069 said:
It's all about who you know...just have the Pope annul you're E* contract and it will be as though it never happened.

So if you're virgin you qualify as a new customer :) :)

Here's the source from Dishnetwork.com:

Eligibility. Services and equipment must be ordered, installed, and activated between and including February 1, 2006 and April 30, 2006. This offer is limited to: (i) new, first-time residential DISH Network subscribers and (ii) former residential DISH Network subscribers who: (a) previously maintained for no less than six consecutive months an active DISH Network account in good standing status as determined in DISH Network’s sole discretion; (b) voluntarily disconnected any and all prior DISH Network accounts; (c) timely paid any and all balances owing under their prior DISH Network account(s) in full; and (d) have not received DISH Network programming or other services during the six-month period prior to activation under this promotion (“Former DISH Network Subscribers”)

This would obviously apply to current promotions, but does anyone know if this is always the policy? If so, it seems has loosened up its policies of late. Makes a lot of sense from a business perspective.

I'm currently rejecting Dish's current promo for an HD DVR and metallic HD package in favor of a better offer from cable. However, once the honeymoon wears off, I may want to switch back to Dish, especially if their HD price structure becomes more competitive.

I agree Zookster that this is a dated promo but the same language existed in dated promos last year and MAYBE is standard now. And if we can't come back as "former subs" to Dish, there's always that other sat company. :)

And hopefully soon to an area near you (us) IPTV! I'm looking at my jump to cable as potentially a transition to these new services, depending of course on how attractive and affordable they are. At any rate, the competition is a good thing as Dish and Direct have already made my cable company, finally, for the moment, BETTER (at least for me, at the moment. ;)

So after 6 months as long as everything with E* has been paid and remained in good standing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)