How long does it take for the Authorizing screen to complete?

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
It has been 25 minutes since the autorizing screen said it should take 10-15 minutes to complete.
At what point do I give up?
After I give up what is the appropriate next step to complete instalation of my new HwS?

What I do is restart then when that screen comes back up and it takes too much time again call dish and have a hit sent.

I would let it sit a tad bit longer though. Sometimes it can take about 30 or so mins.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yup good plan and make sure your smart card is pushed in all the way. Then when that comes back up call dish and ask them to send a hit to your receiver.

It has been 25 minutes since the autorizing screen said it should take 10-15 minutes to complete.
At what point do I give up?
After I give up what is the appropriate next step to complete instalation of my new HwS?

Ditto what Enraged Newb said to do. When you have that screen up (129 error), the standard protocol is to verify the receiver number and smart card match what Dish shows, and is an active receiver on the account (how did you activate the receiver? Online, Phone IVR?), then once it's verified to be active, the Dish CSR sends a hit, and that really should take no longer than 2 minutes to see something on the screen change to the Attention 128.

If what you're seeing is the 128, that means the receiver is active and has receiver an auth hit, another hit won't help at that point. One thing that would concern me if that were to happen would be signal strength, to verify you're getting a good signal.

I upgraded my 2 H2Ks to 2 HWS.
i had somehow manage to transfer tthe programming to EHD on the wife's H2K, only about 600 GB. Mine had about 850 GB and has been more problematic. I discovered tonight that the shows that would not transfer were protected. Even though that Hopper is now deactivated and disconnected it is still allowing me to transfer shows.
The HWS is now activated after a second call to Dish and Dish Anywhere is now also working.

Now it's time to find the boxes and box everything up and send it all back, except of course the 2 new HWS.

Yeah normally don't expect the dish anywhere to work for a few hours up to 24 hours. There is normally a delay for some reason that makes it not recognize the app instantly. I would say probably because the hopper is still downloading smaller things hours after the install.