How long does it take to populate the On Demand titles on hr24 after install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

4tide1

Original poster
Nov 28, 2006
I have a hr24 just activated on tuesday and when I go to channels 1000 or 1100 everything says coming soon. Nothing is available to download. Is something wrong or does it take more than a couple of days. I have another hr24 activated last week and it seems ok. The on demand channels like 1101 and all the others do not show up in the program guide. Is something wrong that I need to call direct on or should I wait longer?

They will not show up in the program guide.

if you getting something that says coming soon, it means you need to check your internet settings on your HR24 and make sure it is connecting to the net. Should show basic info on channel 1000.

Thanks for the reply stonecold. Maybe I did not word my question right. When I go to channel 1100 all the movies on the home pace have coming soon with none have a green check mark by them. On my other hr24 which was activated last week they have checks by the movies. That is what I am trying to figure out. Does this take a while for each receiver to show them as available to download? Both hr24's are on whole home. Does that have any impact?

It shouldnt 1100 is the ondemand with out internet channel. But it should have info there after 24 hours. You might want to call us to have one of tech check it out.

Called tech and they said it could take up to 1 week. Is that true stonecold. Thought I saw where it should take 24 hours.

No this is not true, I had to replace a receiver and was receiving On Demand within 12 hour period, and I have an R22 receiver. Test your internet connection by doing the following Press the menu button>Parental, Fav's & Setup>System Setup>Network Setup>Test Connection. I remember I had to to this on a previous receiver as well because I was having a smiler problem to yours and turns out the if its first time for the receiver being turned on then it doesn't automatically recognize u have an internet connection without doing the following steps above. Once I tested the internet connection everything was running smoothly. Hope this helps and have a Merry Christmas.

Shouldn't take that long. If the above doesn't work, go into the menu and do a receiver reset (not the red button on the receiver). I had to do that once.

S~

some of them are available right away but all are available within 24 hours...and I'm like tyler and have a R22 (well actually 2 of them)

The 1 week deal is if your not using a internet connection. 1100 is VOD via satellite. which can take 1 week for the data stream to cycle. But if you have the internet hooked up to your recieve then with in 24 hours you should be set.

Thanks stonecold. I do not have the internet connection hooked yet and I was talking about channel 1100. There is one movie that has the green check that says I can watch now but all others have "coming soon". Even the welcome box has coming soon and when I select it it will not let me watch it it gives a message like "do you want to add this channel" or something to that effect. If I high-lite the box for the one movie that has the green check it will give me the option to watch now are download. Guess I will give it to next week and see then. The other hr24 in my living room did not take that long which is why I was questioning it.

that wierd to be honest I would keep checking it every day . and a red button reboot never hurt either. If you see some on 1100 you want you want to hit download to add to your queue . It will then download from the satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.